• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 11/30

Wow you guys love your bumps..the seeded bumps at Blue right now are solid ice..they need to blow more snow on them..

Awesome video and cool song...what song is it...

bvibert

Staff member
I'm still amazed by the quality of Vimeo over YouTube...

It's great, you can actually see details. I've watched the movie over 10 times in the last two days, as a matter of fact I downloaded the hi-res version and the first thing I did when I got in this morning was play it. 8) The Vimeo quality is so good you almost don't even need to download the hi-res file, but I was trying to keep my network traffic level down.. ;)

SkiDork

I'll put in my plug for Vimeo Hi def again. Thats what I'll be using for all of Icemans vids this season. It rawks!!! The only thing is, if you're a free user they limit you to 500MB per week. I was planing on making vids of the whole team and that would exceed that limit easily. I'll have to see if I can swing the $59 they want for a year of unlimited uploads.

skiadikt

It's great, you can actually see details. I've watched the movie over 10 times in the last two days, as a matter of fact I downloaded the hi-res version and the first thing I did when I got in this morning was play it. 8) The Vimeo quality is so good you almost don't even need to download the hi-res file, but I was trying to keep my network traffic level down.. ;)

yup the hi-res download doesn't buy you as much as it did with you tube. loved the follow-cam. i'll have to try that move this season.

Greg

Staff member
The follow-cam is going to be really cool on Gunbarrel in the spring...

Greg

Staff member
it IS gonna be really cool. especially when you ski into a tree doing it :lol:

Hardy har har. :roll: Yeah, Gunny is just littered with trees and other dangerous obstacles... :dunce:

Greg

Staff member
I actually meant for taking the moving shots. How do you hold the camera, etc?

It wasn't that sophisticated. The right side of that trail was groomed so I just wedged down it without turning trying to stay roughly at the same speed of mondeo. I just held the camera in my hand with the zoom all the way out so it was easy to keep him in the frame. I just kept alternating between looking where I was going and keeping the camera on him. There was nobody else on the trail at the time.

2knees

OK, that'll be fine.

I actually meant for taking the moving shots. How do you hold the camera, etc?

you just hold the poles in one hand and the camera in the other. then hold onto your a$$ as you get thrown all around the bumps.

Greg

Staff member
you just hold the poles in one hand and the camera in the other. then hold onto your a$$ as you get thrown all around the bumps.

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you threw down at least 2 front flips in there. Nice job! :beer: