• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 11/30

Greg

Staff member
I use a similar trick to the heel analogy, but it's useful on the flats as well. When you're talking about shin pressure, instead of thinking about pushing my knees/shins _forward_ I think about moving my _feet_ back. It accomplishes the same thing but it somehow works better for me. FWIW.

There are a lot of analogies that work for some, and not others. Some things are just visualized differently by different people. Take the back pedaling concept in the bumps, i.e. thinking about extension as pedaling a bike backwards with both feet simultaneously, for example. For me, that made extension "click" once I remembered to actually think about when skiing bumps...

2knees

when the topics get to this point, my eyes start to gloss over.

It gets too technical for me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I've also heard the "stick the dick" analogy. :-o :lol: You know the activity you like to do with your woman, or in Pat's case, with random men at Tyler Mill.... :p
AKA "push the bush" :lol:

There are a lot of analogies that work for some, and not others. Some things are just visualized differently by different people. Take the back pedaling concept in the bumps, i.e. thinking about extension as pedaling a bike backwards with both feet simultaneously, for example. For me, that made extension "click" once I remembered to actually think about when skiing bumps...
That's a good one.

Grassi21

if your eyes start to glaze over just blink them a few times. it makes me feel better. or is that fairly obvious. :lol: i don't know some guy on a message board offered that advice.

downhill04

You are not alone my friend. The next time I ski bumps I’m going to have all this technical stuff clogging my brain. It’s not going to be good when my eyes gloss over while in the middle of a bump run :smile:

2knees

Most of my best bump skiing comes when my eyes are all glossed over

steve

lol, i'm sure that applies to alot of other things for ya too!

love the first sequence of the vid you appear in. rippin that money line on temptor. i hope it's still that good when they reopen.

powhunter

They did a helluva job seeding those bumps!! That bottom half was great!!!! Top was kinda funky, ya had that huge wall bump right in the middle where everyone was stopping. we gotta get a shovel up there.. we could have fixed that line pretty easy

steve

Greg

Staff member
love the first sequence of the vid you appear in. rippin that money line on temptor. i hope it's still that good when they reopen.

Money line for sure and Steve-O was indeed ripping through there. I'm not concerned about the bumps changing all that much. Every seeded run at Sundown has skied pretty much the same from the time they seed it until it either gets mowed or they close. The foundation is there. All we need is a bunch of top coating, or better yet a big dump. Big snowfalls in early to mid December pretty much happen every year. Keep an eye on Sunday.

bvibert

Staff member
The top section was seeded a bit funky from the start, but I think the major reason for the funkiness is people traversing across the bumps on the upper section because it's steeper. That's just something we'll have to live with since having skiers and boarders of all abilities enjoying the bumps only helps to validate them being there. I agree though; a little shovel work would go a long way towards fixing some of the funk.

Greg

Staff member
The top section was seeded a bit funky from the start, but I think the major reason for the funkiness is people traversing across the bumps on the upper section because it's steeper. That's just something we'll have to live with since having skiers and boarders of all abilities enjoying the bumps only helps to validate them being there. I agree though; a little shovel work would go a long way towards fixing some of the funk.

There were two lines up top that I thought were the best, both of which funneled to that honkin' wall right in the middle about a 1/3 of the way down. I was able to skirt to the right of that in either case, and then it was pure sweetness the rest of the way down the money line.

bvibert

Staff member
The bottom half was seeded nice and evenly from the start, that combined with the lower angle is why it skied so nicely. IMHO.

We just need to get in there and bust up that wall....

2knees

There were two lines up top that I thought were the best, both of which funneled to that honkin' wall right in the middle about a 1/3 of the way down. I was able to skirt to the right of that in either case, and then it was pure sweetness the rest of the way down the money line.

i didnt notice that killer zipper until i saw steve hit later. I had been going to the left of that big monster which enabled you to make a more complete run, top to bottom. going off to the right sent you to the best line but it involved some traversing. kinda a catch-22. i like to be able to go as long as possible staying in a line but that bottom line made the quick traverse worthwhile.

Greg

Staff member
i didnt notice that killer zipper until i saw steve hit later. I had been going to the left of that big monster which enabled you to make a more complete run, top to bottom. going off to the right sent you to the best line but it involved some traversing. kinda a catch-22. i like to be able to go as long as possible staying in a line but that bottom line made the quick traverse worthwhile.

Later in the day, I discovered the line to the right from the top we were taking. Not as nice up top, but it pretty much avoided having to deal with the monster bump as you would take a right turn right at it towards the money line. It just needed to be skied more. The line to the left at the end of the day was cut deeeeeep. I'm friggin' jonesin' now. :(