• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cell phone radiation Levels

ctenidae

(the FCC Web site currently does not provide information on models certified before 1998)

You wouldn't think there weould be any need to rate phones that old- the owners have surely been forced to spend more money on new phones by now.

dmc

ctenidae said:
Sony Ericson T237- 1.18- Solidly in the middle of the pack.

My phone isnt listed... Motorola v551
I use a bluetooth headset most of the time...
But I'm sure it's a bad one.. I can cook popcorn with it...

dmc

ctenidae said:
Cooking popcorn is generally considered a bad sign. Might want to get some tin foil for that...

I use it as a camp stove...

Seriuosly... If I keep it to close to my PC it causes the PC to make strange chirping noises whenever it goes to the internet to check emails..

It's a kickass phone though...

skijay

I use a headset. I am in need of a new phone.

My Samsung does the following:

1. Can not have it on while driving in my car with my radar detector. It sets it off. I even took the demo phone out in my car for a drive and it does it. I never had a phone that set off the radar detector.

2. When on the wireless web feature, the center of the phone gets extremely hot. Again, I used the demo phone at Verizon and it does the same. If the area was bigger, I could toast a bagel on it. :D

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Moto V60p: 1.26 - It's sloooowly cooking me, but I probably get more radiation standing in the sun all day.

Wife's old Moto v120: 1.55 - Highest among US phones. Motorola seems to be the highest around.

Wife's newer Samsung x427: 0.47 - Nice little phone. My mother in-law's identical phone crapped out, but it was still under the 1 year warranty so Samsung replaced it without much hassle.

As a ham radio operator, I've subjected myself to more RF from my handheld radio over much longer periods, and I'm okay. :-? No comments from the peanut gallery please! :D

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Motorolla has some of the lowest, too.

Me, I have a Moto i710. Didn't even make the list. And it's not even that old or new. Weird.

I use a headset in the car.

-Stephen

awf170

dmc said:
ctenidae said:
Cooking popcorn is generally considered a bad sign. Might want to get some tin foil for that...

I use it as a camp stove...

Seriuosly... If I keep it to close to my PC it causes the PC to make strange chirping noises whenever it goes to the internet to check emails..

It's a kickass phone though...

ya i got the same one 2, same thing happens when it is too close to the computer too...