• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tucks pics from April (i'm jonesin)

loafer89

Nice pictures. When I was skiing at Wildcat in the end of March there was a conga line of people hiking up the ravine that you could see from Wildcat.

All this talk of skiing in July is depressing, at least the days have been getting shorter since June 28th :beer: :beer:

awf170

loafer89 said:
Nice pictures. When I was skiing at Wildcat in the end of March there was a conga line of people hiking up the ravine that you could see from Wildcat.

All this talk of skiing in July is depressing, at least the days have been getting shorter since June 28th :beer: :beer:

there is still skiing to be had up there... just not good skiing

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
awf170 said:
there is still skiing to be had up there... just not good skiing
heh, even i wouldn't call the meager offering still left in the bowl skiing :lol: based on the latest TR over on T4T it's desperation turns only! out of three guys in that trip, two fell off the patch and went under the bridge :eek: crazy!

i was over on hillmans the weekend before you were there NHPH. i had similar fantastic conditions!

sledhaulingmedic

Nice pix.

Not too many people in the bowl considering the conditions. (I'm still spoiled by weekdays.)

I don't recall when the Sure-Burn melted out. Could you ski at least partway out? That's always a plus!

I guess I've resigned myself to the warm weather for a while. K-mart and it's congested trails will be feeding my adiction soon enough. SHortly after that, there'll be real skiing.

NHpowderhound

Sledhaulingmedic wrote
I don't recall when the Sure-Burn melted out. Could you ski at least partway out? That's always a plus!
I actually wasnt skiing that day. I went ultra light with my Swissbob butt sled. I slid from the ravine headwall(about halfay up),down Little Headwall and all the way to the parking lot in less than 15 minutes. So yes there was skiing to be had T2B. It was getting rather thin below the last crossover at the Boot Spur Trail but pretty solid cover above that. Nice thing about sleds is mud becomes just another sliding surface without the guilt of base damage! :lol:
Earlier in the year I had a sled run that took me directly off the Hermit Lake deck,over the snowcat bridge, and all the way to the parking lot, nonstop, without having to get up even once, in less than 8 minutes! 1,000,000 times better than any Alpine Slide! :D
And the Shurburne melted out to the point of total closure about a week and a half after my last trip.
((*
*))NHPH

sledhaulingmedic

Again, nice pictures. I'm trying not to let them throw me into withdrawl again.

I've always slid down on two planks. I did convince a friend of mine from Ireland to sled the Sure-burn once. After some serious crash/burn action, I realized that he needed to be educated about steering techniques :)

I guess I don't "value diversity" as much as I should: I always slide on two planks, particularly on Mt. Washington, but my hat's off to those who can enjoy it in different ways.

Thanks for the pix

NHpowderhound

I'm fortunate enough that I can get to MW almost any day off I have in the winter and spring.This was well over my tenth time up that season.
I chose the sled(Swissbob) after some tough decision making.Especially since I can skin all tha way to the Bowl. But with the crazy amount of people(estimated at 2500 that day) I decided to bring the 2lb sled and just enjoy the spectacle. I'll tell you that as an expert skier that can ski just about anything in the east, I would have a hard time keeping up with me on a Swissbob sled run T2b down the Sherby. Snow conditions need to be just right too. I cant sled on a powder day but then again I would be skiing anyway. :D
((*
*))NHPH

bvibert

Staff member
I don't know how I missed this, nice pics! Really helps get the mind off of this miserable weather we're having these days and reminds me that winter is coming! :beer: