• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days do you expect to ski in December 2008?

Greg

Staff member
I don't think we have one of these yet. If I count outings with my daughter, I should get 10+.

drjeff

Our main planning calender in my kitchen at home has 9 ski days written in on it, and since it's my wife that fills out the calender, I can count on 9 ski days in December! :)

prisnah

Definitely 12-13 based on what I have for vaca time set up this month. Maybe more if it dumps somewhere and I wanna burn a sick day, or if I decide to take a bus daytrip.

13 seems pretty solid though. Gotta save some time off for Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr skiing, still want to figure out a big sky trip this year too.

frozencorn

I love the multiple double-digits being pronounced in here. Envy them too.

Definitely 5, here. 7 a good possibility. 10 a pipe dream. 16 grounds for divorce.

deadheadskier

Staff member
working a bunch this month + family obligations = limited opportunities

definite 2, hopefully 4, possibly 5-7

4aprice

6-8 if we get a trip up north, more if the Pokeys got serious snowfall.

We don't need major snowfall, though it's very nice. The forecast for this coming week is great with good snowmaking temps. Camelback was about 25% open last week (Marjies Delight was in great shape). From what I've seen this next cold snap is going to be colder allowing for more good snowmaking. I expect almost 75 % of the mountain to be open in the not too distant future and close to 100% by the Holidays. I expect to get in almost 20 days in December without heading north yet. Those trips north will come in February and March, then maybe west in April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I'm guessing somewhere between 20 and 25..mostly at Blue mountain..no ski trips out west until late January at the earliest..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My plan this season is to get out an average of twice a week, so that would make it 8 times this month. They're likely to all be short sessions, but that's okay with me. :D

loafer89

10-15 mostly local ski days. Already got 2 days so far with a trip to Stratton for some more free skiing planned for saturday.