Favorite Mountain Bike Trails?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Mountain Bike Trails?

What are everyone's favorite places to mtn bike in New England?

Personally, VT is my favorite place in the world and I think it has the best skiing and biking. So here we go....

VT:
    Mobbs Valley/Hill
    Waterbury

MA/So. NH:
    Lowell/Dracut/Tyngsboro S.P.
    FOMBA Trails (http://www.fomba.org)
    Lynn Woods seems like it would be cool if I could stay on my bike
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

NY - North and South Lake(Haines Falls),Race trail(Hunter NY)
    NJ - Chimney Rock, Ringwood

Used to ride at South Mountain and Watchung Reservation in NJ until they banned MTBs...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Re: Favorite Mountain Bike Trails?

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Lynn Woods seems like it would be cool if I could stay on my bike
    Lynn woods is absolutey nuts, some of the sickest biking around, but the problem is im not good enough to do much of everything up there. Really wanna get good though because it is only a 5 minute ride from my house Some of the rocks me and dad boulder on people go off on bikes. One was about 15 ft high and had one crazy landing

Quote Originally Posted by dmc
    NY - North and South Lake(Haines Falls),Race trail(Hunter NY)
    NJ - Chimney Rock, Ringwood

Used to ride at South Mountain and Watchung Reservation in NJ until they banned MTBs...
    Man didn't watchung used to ROCK? God shame they keep bikes out now...I used to pull a few night time rides with lights up there even after they stopped allowing it...TEE HEE

Chimney Rock is a nice tough technical spot...I like a lot and echo DMC's sentiments...

Also NJ Hartshorne in central jersey. I think exit 117 off gsp..GREAT single track all designed by MTN bikers, not "re-done" moto cross trails..or modified hiking trails..

M

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDog
    Man didn't watchung used to ROCK? God shame they keep bikes out now...
    I grew up in Berkeley Heights - we pioneered that place in the mid-80's..
    It was great until shops used to started training there.. They seemed to not care about anybody but themselves..
    I knew it was over when I heard one guy say "Get out of our way - we're training"..

It's downright tragic we got banned there...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Keep the traffic flowing on this topic. Thankx
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDog
    Chimney Rock is a nice tough technical spot...I like a lot and echo DMC's sentiments...
    My friends house backs up to that spot - it's sweet..
    I kinda miss it now I live in upstate NY...

But the riding up here is pretty intense...

Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Lynn woods is absolutey nuts, some of the sickest biking around, but the problem is im not good enough to do much of everything up there. Really wanna get good though because it is only a 5 minute ride from my house Some of the rocks me and dad boulder on people go off on bikes. One was about 15 ft high and had one crazy landing
    Yeah, I went there for the first time last week and rode a couple of the trails on the North side of the lake. There are just so many rocks in the trail that it makes it so hard to ride, especially uphill. You have to think about every pedal stroke so that you dont smash it into a rock. And if you have to clip out forget about being able to clip back in. It was definitely a humbling experience.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    Yeah, I went there for the first time last week and rode a couple of the trails on the North side of the lake. There are just so many rocks in the trail that it makes it so hard to ride, especially uphill. You have to think about every pedal stroke so that you dont smash it into a rock. And if you have to clip out forget about being able to clip back in. It was definitely a humbling experience.

should of went to the south side easier riding, still not close to easy, but easier

Behind my house and Lake Massabesic Trails in Auburn NH with Dave A...lots great cross-country trails with steep climbing & descending as well as rugged single track stuff that kicks ass

I must admit some of the single track stuff I may consider dropping into with my skis...however not on my bike...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Thread Information