Favorite Mountain Bike Trails? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler
    Behind my house and Lake Massabesic Trails in Auburn NH with Dave A...lots great cross-country trails with steep climbing & descending as well as rugged single track stuff that kicks ass

I must admit some of the single track stuff I may consider dropping into with my skis...however not on my bike...
    Yeah the FOMBA trails are alot of fun. There's some really good singletrack up there. Riding all the trails gives you a pretty good workout for the day. My only gripe is that there are no extended climbs. This is the problem I've found with much of Southern New England biking. It's not quite like biking in Waterbury where you have a 10 minute climb to start off the ride (that'll really get the lungs going).

should of went to the south side easier riding, still not close to easy, but easier
    Well I went to the north side because I heard it was so challenging and I wanted to try it out. If I go back I'll probably do the north side again because I'd like to get better at that kind of riding. I heard that the south side is nothing all that special and is kind of easy.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Kingdom Trails in East Burke, great mountain biking trails. I highly suggest you give em a try if you have never been there. www.kingdomtrails.org

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    ...Lake Massabesic Trails in Auburn NH ...the FOMBA trails are alot of fun...my only gripe is that there are no extended climbs...
    I've experienced good climbs at the tower hill area (including the snow-mobile club trails) on the north-side, however it doesn’t offer the charming views that the south-side offers...in a nutshell for a workout ride the north-side and for recreational enjoyment with pleasant birding & lakeside scenery, head over to the south-side...I make it a point to enjoy both sides...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler
    I've experienced good climbs at the tower hill area (including the snow-mobile club trails) on the north-side, however it doesn’t offer the charming views that the south-side offers...in a nutshell for a workout ride the north-side and for recreational enjoyment with pleasant birding & lakeside scenery, head over to the south-side...I make it a point to enjoy both sides...
    I just moved to Nashua and am therefore not all that familiar with any of the trails in the area...where is the south side and where is north? I've primarily ridden the area with Long Trail, Fire Line, Deer Run, et al.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Exeter woods

Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    I just moved to Nashua and am therefore not all that familiar with any of the trails in the area...where is the south side and where is north? I've primarily ridden the area with Long Trail, Fire Line, Deer Run, et al.
    I don't know the names of the trails...we ride there 1-2 days a week...Dave A is a fearless leader...

We rode about 15-16 miles last night around the Lake (south side)...besides having a good time cycling we guided a horseback rider into the trail system for a while...when we started at 5:00 there were 3-cars in the parking area...when we got back there were 10-12 cars, however we didn't notice many riders out there...

PM me if interested in cycling around Massabesic...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Thread Information