• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AFC playoff scenarios

2knees

man its a muddled picture. I think the Jets lay an egg in Seattle this week but still beat the dolphins next week. Pats win out as the weather in foxboro on sunday looks nasty negating warner and their passing game. and i dont see them losing a must win game against buffalo. Pats get in.

Steelers get 2 seed as i think they'll finally crash in tennessee. their schedule HAS to catch up with them eventually. Pats, Cowboys, Ravens and titans in 4 weeks. they cant possibly run that gauntlet.

ravens lose to the cowboys and beat the jags. makes them 10-6. broncos get in as the west winner and colts get the #1 wildcard. so that makes one of those 3 10-6 teams the last wildcard. Ravens, Dolphins or Jets. I dont know the tie-breakers but i think the dolphins would be out based on conference record. So either the Jets or Ravens get the 6 seed.

1 Tennessee
2 Pitt
3 New England
4 Denver
5 Indy
6 Ravens/Jets

And as i'm looking at that, it could very easily set up a rematch between the steelers and pats in Heinz field. I like that chance better if its the Jets who get the 6 seed. Not sure Cassel could handle the Ravens defense nor could the patsies control the ravens ground game.

Grassi21

The Steelers and all of their fans are trash... ;-) That D killed for me in fantasy this year. Fun D to watch.

drjeff

WHO KNOWS!! The wildcard is so wild right now! As much as I love the Pats, their Offense can get the job done, but their defense, especially redzone isn't going to get them very far(and dare I say it, if at all :eek:) in the playoffs this year.

My guess is that whoever wins the Carolina/Giants game this week will be the NFC rep in the Superbowl. AFC wise, part of me wants to go with the popularty contest right now and say Pittsburgh, but my gut is telling me to watch out for Indy. They've been playing some solid ball the last 6+ weeks, and frankly Peyton isn't liekly to mess up an opportunity whereas as Rothleisberenfujhergtsvger is much more likely too.

drjeff

[size=+4]J[/size]ust
[size=+4]E[/size]nd
[size=+4]T[/size]he
[size=+4]S[/size]eason

;)

Geoff

I'm a Patriots fan, and I too think they will squeeze in! It is pretty wild to say the least right now!

Nope. Miami beat KC. The Ravens beat Dallas. I doubt the Jets will lose in Seattle since Seattle completely sucks. The Pats will go 11-5 and not make the playoffs.

Zand

Pats about to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs. Best we can do now if hope for a Seahawks win today and Jets win next week or a Baltimore loss next week, all of which except the Jets win next week (which won't help if they win today) are unlikely.

Zand

Scary, but Pats fans have to root for the Jets next week or Miami walks out with the division, in which case we'd need to root for an unlikely Jacksonville defeat over Baltimore.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Scary, but Pats fans have to root for the Jets next week or Miami walks out with the division, in which case we'd need to root for an unlikely Jacksonville defeat over Baltimore.

I was thinking the samething, today we cheered everytime Favre got sacked or picked off, next week we'll be yelling at the TV!

Zand

So the new scenarios look to be:

Miami: Win and they clinch the AFC East. A loss combined with a Baltimore loss and New England loss clinches the 6th wildcard spot.

New England: Win combined with a Baltimore loss and Miami win clinches the 6th wildcard spot. Win and a Jets win clinches the AFC East. Win with a Miami win and a Baltimore win means they miss the playoffs as an 11-5 team. Lose and they're automatically dead.

Jets: Win with a New England loss clinches the AFC East. Win with a New England win and Baltimore loss clinches the 6th wild card spot. Loss and they're dead. Win with a New England win and Baltimore win and they're out. Lose and they're out.

Baltimore: Win and they're in as the 6th wildcard team. Loss with a Jets loss and New England loss and they're also in as the 6th wildcard team. Loss with a Jets win OR New England win and they're out.

Denver/San Diego: Winner takes AFC West. If San Diego wins, it completes the revenge from the blown ref call that handed Denver the game in week 2.

Please don't ask me to factor in ties. ;) The NFC is also even more messed up so I'll let ESPN figure that one out for me.

drjeff

Before the Jets laid the egg today, you could tell at Gilllette that the concessions folks atleast were convinced that the Pats home game season atleast was done. They actually were running a decent priced non alcoholic drink special. Their large, plastic hologram souvenir cups which are regularly $6.50(filled) were 2 (filled) for $5! Considering that a regular soft drink is $4, that actually was a deal. My guess though is that the $$ I plunked down a couple of weeks ago for playoff tickets will end up getting credited towards my next years season tickets. While still potentially in the playoff game, having to rely on the jets(who are finishing about as strong as the Mets) next week doesn't exactly give me alot of hope :mad:

2knees

I didnt get home from foxboro until 10:15 last night. getting out of that place is absolutely ridiculous. our friend who came with us made a big stink about parking in the stadium lot instead of one of the lots on rt 1. I KNEW that was going to come back to bite me big time as we sat and sat and sat and sat and sat trying to get out of there.

i think i watched all of about 2 minutes of football yesterday. the rest of the time i was lobbing snowballs from our perch 3 rows from the top. i was kind of hoping to get kicked out so i could go back to the car and warm up.