• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke 12/20/08

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Hit the mountain at 8:50 and got on the 4th chair. 8+" of fresh blower and barely a soul at the mtn. Before heading up I checked the trail report and was excited to see that East Bowl and Wilderness were going to be open:daffy:.
I planned to hit E Bowl for the first run but the rope was still up :-(. Headed to Wilderness instead. Only a couple of tracks (probably patrol) :grin:. Sweet powder all the way and only scraped down to the base once. There was at least 12" of powder due to this being the first day of the year for the trails on the east side. The last several storms have piled up the powder nicely creating a good day of face shots! My beard had to be decrusted on the chair after each run.
Finally, by the third run, East Bowl had been opened. This is my favorite time of year on this trail since the snow isn't deep enough to flatten out all of the drops and bumps. Add 12"+ of powder and the dips and rolls were amazing.
I could only stay for the morning as I had some Christmas shopping obligations :roll:. I don't think my legs could have taken much more abuse from the powder anyway. I have to save up for tomorrow and Monday.
Excellent day. Hopefully I'll be getting a pocket sized digital camera for Christmas so that I can take some pics :smile: