• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rock the Earth - become a part of the solution

deadheadskier

Staff member
As all of us are fans of the environment and the many wonderful opportunities nature's buty provides us - whether its skiing, hiking, kayaking you name it - and as many of us are also big music fans; I wanted to let you all know about a fantastic group of people with similar interests who have a not for profit organization dedicated to preserving our cherished lands.

Rock the Earth

www.rocktheearth.net

There are numerous environmental advocacy groups out there - Greenpeace, the Sierra Club etc, but none that I've found have a mission so strong and so commited as these group of guys.

They are experts in the field of environmental preservation and conservation - scientists, lawyers, analysts etc, whom devote a tremendous amount of their time taking on big brother to ensure a sustainable future for our environment. The premise of the organization is that they are also music fans who partner up with bands and their fans to work on issues that are of concern to them.

One example would be that Derek Truck's mother (if your unfamiliar with Derek, he is an amazing guitarist and son of the Allman Brother's band's drummer Butch Trucks) recently asked for help in preserving pristine wetlands along the St John's river in Florida from being paved over and developed for a new Walmart complex.

The folks at RTE have jumped right in and have a great chance at preventing this development and waste of such a wonderful natural area from happening.

Okay, that's my stump

Just wanted to let the alpinezone community know about a wonderful organization that is dedicated to preserving the wilderness we all cherish so much.

If your interested in being part of the solution, I suggest you check them out and become a member today.

www.rocktheearth.net