• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone have their first ski trip planned yet?

Greg

Staff member
I do. Heading up to Killington on 11/22 barring any weather issues (like we had last year :-? ). Anyone else?

Joshua

two trips for school

I have planned two trips for my law school, one for around the same time in november to somewhere in Southern VT, and one for a longer stretch second week of January to Stowe....plus a ton of personal skiing to do...

I

IndyJones

I'm going to my local ski resort on the first weekend they are open for some night skiing! I hope...

M

mok

yes, 3 so far. 2 to killington, dec and feb. and aspen in jan. should be a good winter.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
probably not gonna make turns until the week after thanksgiving unless we get a nasty dump. i didn't enjoy killington early season, so i'll probably wait until cannon opens (hopefully with enough snow to poach something ;)

I

IndyJones

Not really a trip but I'm heading over to my local resort on the first week they open.

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i didn't enjoy killington early season
How good K's early season is will certainly will depened on the weather the next few weeks. I skied in November '96 at K and it was great. I also ski in there in November two years ago on a 65+ degreee day on one run dodging mud patches. In fact, the guy we were with got tangled up in the slush, fell, and broke his knee. He needed surgery ending his season.

Unless it's raining, I'll be there on 11/21 regardless of the conditions. I get too antsy...

I

IndyJones

I almost forgot! I'm going out west to ski in the Park City area in Febuary. I can't wait since it will be my first time on a big mountain.

Greg

Staff member
I'll be slopeside at Loon for a week the end of February. May try to hit Cannon, WV, and maybe Wildcat as well that week.

J

jlangdale

Greg said:
riverc0il said:
i didn't enjoy killington early season
How good K's early season is will certainly will depened on the weather the next few weeks. I skied in November '96 at K and it was great. I also ski in there in November two years ago on a 65+ degreee day on one run dodging mud patches. In fact, the guy we were with got tangled up in the slush, fell, and broke his knee. He needed surgery ending his season.

Unless it's raining, I'll be there on 11/21 regardless of the conditions. I get too antsy...

Rumor: Killington may start making snow on Thursday or Friday and be open in about a week if all goes well.

:)

Joshua

i really want to remain positive, but after this coming cold stint, its going to warm up again...this really sucks. I blame it all on those solar storms, just like 2001-2002 non-winter. The problem this weekend and early next week is that any snow will be man-made. Last year, we had a ton of early season natural snow which really helped. How much terrain can these resorts open with only guns? and how good will it be? who knows, but I wish it were last year again.

Greg

Staff member
It would really be nice to get two solid weeks of cold before the 21st, but I 'm thinking it ain't gonna happen... :(

J

jlangdale

More likely half of the first week cold, then warm end of first week and start of next week then HOPEFULLY cold again. Okemo just sent newsletter says their guns are going and they are opening Nov 13th! Woot. Let's see what Killington does.