• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2005-06

deadheadskier

Staff member
Inspired by my previous post in the Burke thread.

I'll copy and paste what I know. Please share your knowledge

Stowe: if you work in the hospitality industry, you can ski for FREE the first Thursday of every month. Also $25 Vermonter days happen a few times each winter.

Sugarbush North
: you can ski every wednesday for $25.

Jay In winter's past you could ski Wednesday's there for $25 as a Vermonter. This past winter it was $37 everyday. It certainly offered more flexibility, but not quite as good of a deal as the old Wednesday deal.

Bolton: had a coupon on the seven days newspaper for a $20 ticket, so I hit that up last winter to.

Smuggs : Next winter I plan on doing all of the above deals again, plus add on a Smuggs Bash Badge plus. Its $139.00 and you can ski any day for $20, plus you get to ski for free the first two weeks of the season and the last six weeks, and March in my opinion is the best ski month out of the ar.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Good idea...we usually start this thread before the season, but deadhead has the right idea! :beer:

tree_skier

Mad Card for MRG $99 includes 3 adult lift tickets and FREE seasons passes for 12 and under plus discounts on additional tix. For me with my two cherubs it works out to $11 each tix for the 3 of us to go 3 times. or in the case of last year with an additional 2 tix courtisy of AlpineZone it was $6.60 per tix for 5 trips

:beer:

Rushski

Last year:

Sunapee - Mondays at $30 (I think)

Waterville Valley - Buy Online for $28 weekdays

loafer89

Black Mountain of Maine, you can ski 1,100' of vertical serviced by a triple chairlift. Skiing from 9am - 9pm cost $18.00 :eek:

Geoff

:flame: Killington, Vermont

Holiday ticket price: $72
Valet parking: $20
E-coli Burger, soggy fries, & coke: $14

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
mad card went up $10 this year i believe. kinda early for this thread as we are likely only going to rehash last year's deals. most probably won't change, but i am waiting for the ski areas to release their offers for 05-06 before commenting further on this topic.

Treeliner

Geoff said:
:flame: Killington, Vermont

Holiday ticket price: $72
Valet parking: $20
E-coli Burger, soggy fries, & coke: $14

heh, didn't notice this one till I was looking through a second time.. :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
The reason why I chose to post this early is because some deals such as the Bash Badge at Smuggs must be taken advantage of before a certain date or the prices go up. Is it early? Sure is, but then again its never too early to start planning.

RuffusCorncobb

several good deals

Sunday River has Santa Sunday usualy its fairly early December Wear a Santa Suit donate $10 show up for the Photo shoot and you end up with and all day pass and 2 more comp tickets good for the next weekend.

Shawnee Peak has Monday Night Madness! $10 lift tickets from 4p-9p every Monday Night! Starts December 19, 2005. EVERY Monday - including Holidays!

Mt Abrahms has a cheep night sking rate for Friday & Saturday nights $15 bu if you have a season pass its
$5 Night Ticket - present a valid day ticket or season pass from another area and ski that night for 5 bucks!

Bretton Woods has a Sunday afternoon ticket thats pretty cheep for those who live in a near by county.
its not on thier web site but if you call and ask they can give you the cost and which counties are included. I think it was around $12 for a ticket that was good from 12:30 till close on Sunday Afternoons. Only good on non holiday weeekends.

Wild cat Sunday Afternoon Cruise
Ski & ride from Noon - Close. Purrrfect! $20

Big Squaw Mountain. All day lift tickets any day of the week $19 what a bargain..

Saddle back Maine Days* $25
First Sunday of the month!
December 18, January 1, February 5,
March 5 and April 2 proof of residency is required

kickstand

Wildcat also has 2-fer Wednesdays, Ladies Day on Thursday ($45 lift plus ski lesson), ski free on your b-day and the WildCard (same idea as a Mad Card, but it is non-transferable).

Cranmore and Black (in Jackson, NH) are cheap enough without any special deals, but check their sites. They have all sorts of family-friendly pricing.

Bretton Woods sells discount tickets at various places around Conway. If you decide to buy them for a holiday period, check to see if BW considers that particular day a holiday. We bought some for a day over a holiday period, but BW considered it a weekday. The place sold us the more expensive discount holiday ticket. We went back and they gave us a refund for the difference when they realized BW did not consider it a holiday.

Zand

I'll take my Wa pass for $189. 2 nights a week and it's paid for in 6 visits. Considering I hit that place about 25+, that's a good deal for me. Plus, I think they'll have MOD again which comes in handy.

The ASC pass last year was one of the greatest deals ever. Don't think we'll ever see anything like at again.

thetrailboss

Staff member
ctenidae said:
Just saw this deal:
http://secure.okemo.com/mtsstore/NH...sBRMount-Sunapee-Gunstock-Cannon-P102C48.aspx

Sunapee, Cannon, and Gunstock, $199 full pass for college students. Unfortunately, only for full-timers. :(

Well, Okemo and Sunapee are getting really cheap by putting an AGE limit on College Passes. :evil: So grad/law/adult learners are screwed....at least for now.

I also hate how they split it up into "Okemo-Sunapee-Stratton" and "Gunstock-Sunapee-Cannon" for options.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
$170 at Bellearye for a junior?

Break even on weekends is 4.72 times....

Damn..that's good...

Just did the family pass for 2 adults and 3 Jr's.

$1555.00 breaks even at 7.775 times....and they open early Novemeber?

That's gotta be over 20 weekends....man I could break my record of 36 days...that would be sweeeeeeeeeet...

Hunta would cost me $2300

Sky

Zand said:
I'll take my Wa pass for $189. Plus, I think they'll have MOD again which comes in handy.

I get this pass as well...and yes, Wa participates in the Mountains of Distinction (MOD) program. Last year I hit Okemo (MOD subscriber) mid week for 1/2 price. Great day.

highpeaksdrifter

Brettski said:
$170 at Bellearye for a junior?

Break even on weekends is 4.72 times....

Damn..that's good...

Just did the family pass for 2 adults and 3 Jr's.

$1555.00 breaks even at 7.775 times....and they open early Novemeber?

That's gotta be over 20 weekends....man I could break my record of 36 days...that would be sweeeeeeeeeet...

Hunta would cost me $2300

I've never skied Bellearye, but would like to. Seeing as NYS owns Bellearye, WF and Gore, you'd think they would come up with a pass that let's you ski all three. I know ORDA runs WF and Gore and Bellearye is run by DEC, but they should find a way to hook up.

ts01

highpeaksdrifter said:
I've never skied Bellearye, but would like to. Seeing as NYS owns Bellearye, WF and Gore, you'd think they would come up with a pass that let's you ski all three. I know ORDA runs WF and Gore and Bellearye is run by DEC, but they should find a way to hook up.

Yup. That could keep ALL of my skiing dollars in NY state, instead of Mass / VT. Gas, tolls, meals, condos, tuneups, beer, ... sales tax / jobs / sales tax / jobs.

All it would take is the proverbial 3 men in the room in Albany.