• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

General Manager Killed in Shooting at Eldora Mtn in Colorado

Warp Daddy

simply horrible psychotic episode that left a family in tragedy .. My heartfelt sympathy to all involved especially the immediate family

snoseek

The good news is there will be no trial......

deadheadskier

Staff member
Tragic.....

....the value of life means nothing to far too many people in this world.

awful part of everyday life for too many innocent people

vibes for his loved ones and the local community

Chris I

WOW. intense for sure, I heard something about it on MPR today but wasn't really paying attn.

Sounds like the guy got into GSS' suitcase of goodies

Its sad that people are that messed up

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Between semesters my freshman year(1969/70) I took my first trip out west and spent 5 weeks bumming around Colorado based out of Boulder. Eldora is a great mid-sized(eastern standards) hill favored by the Boulder community. When we were not on the road around the state we skied up at Eldora. Here is more info from the local Boulder newspaper.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/dec/30/sheriff-investigating-shooting-near-eldora/

Glenn

That's terrible. It's good he was stopped though before he could have hurt or killed more people.

Kerovick

Isn't it nice that the first responder was SWAT and a shooting instructor. I'm glad he was able to take the guy down before anyone else was hurt. Good job Officer!!

snoseek

The more I read/hear about this the more tragic it becomes. I feel bad for the Nederland community losing such a great citizen. It's the kind of town you would move to to get away from this crap, It's really a small town so I'm sure many knew him. I hate guns.

Last edited:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I don't think this type of incident is specific to any part of the country. Just yesterday there was an incident which almost turned into a gun battle here in Vermont.
http://www.timesargus.com/article/20081230/NEWS02/812300322/1003/NEWS02

A couple of years ago an ex-boyfriend of a teacher ran into an Essex(Vt) elementary school and killed the teacher and another adult.