• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Editing?

MommaBear

Why can't I go back and edit a post when I realize its got typos? I get a message saying I don't have the authorization to do so and that I should refresh the page and login. But I am logged in and its my post (edit button shows). What am I doing wrong? (besides not previewing my posts before submitting, which I will learn to do)

bvibert

Staff member
It should work, sounds like you may have some sort of issue with cookies or something. Does this always happen, or did it just start?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Does your address bar throughout this sequence of events always begin with "forums.alpinezone.com" or does it ever have something else there? Can you blow away any cookies related to alpinezone.com or forums.alpinezone.com and log in from scratch and see what happens? If you don't know how to do that, just post what web browser you're using and we can walk you through it.

MommaBear

I don't post that often and have only tried to fix them a few times...but it happens each time.

Cleaned out the cookies and deleted all temporary internet files, checked to see that forums.alpinezone.com etc was in the address bar (was)....still can't edit. I DID notice this morning that as I move around the site, I go from being signed in to not being signed in on the various pages. For example I was signed in on my profile page, clicked on Serverine (shown as a visitor to my page) and it told me I needed to sign in. Did so and then Severine's profile appeared. Moved from her page back to the forums and I was not signed in again.

Can't change anything on my profile page either. Was logged in when I tried to change the info (to see if I could) and I get the message "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." Tried that, several times, still get the same message. I also only see white boxes with red x's in them next to the places to add personal information on my profile page.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

MommaBear

What browser and operating system are you using?

Was having trouble using the MSN Explorer, Windows XP. Went to the site this morning using Microsoft Internet Explorer and was able to edit. Thanks for the help. MSN has been giving me lots of issues lately...should have guessed that was the problem.