• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do snowboarders wreck moguls?

gladerider

Been to Sundown ???

it's on my list.

seriously, riding down moguls is different kinda fun. i probably ski once a year and if it were not for moguls i probably wouldn't even once. guys i ride with don't wreck it anymore than a skier would, imho.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
snowboards wreck EVERYTHING. mrg + alta RULE!
1946_headbanging.gif

:p

actually there are more beginner skiers now than there are boarders so.
if you really think that you have never rode with a good rider.

Creakyknees

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek here, but there is already an abundance of terrain for the groomer-only crowd. Bump skiers are the ones that get shafted continuously.

Greg, absolutely agree with that......:beer:

As for Snowboarders, we have a few at Hunter that can rip, DMC being one of them. Just last weekend we had a snowboarder ride down the bump course and every turn he made he would smooth out the front of each mogul, thanks for the help and keep up the good work.:smile:
Don't get me wrong for every one snowboarder that should be in the moguls there are 10 that shouldn't be. You know the boarders who slide down the entire run on the back side edge scraping all the snow down to the bottom of the hill; it makes me cringe thinking about it.

gmcunni

if you really think that you have never rode with a good rider.

nah, just kidding around. but i've only skied with a "good" rider twice that i can recall.

once this year. Met up with DannyP for a few runs with some AZ folks back in November @ K, he was ripping. Before that was with a group of people from work. 2 boarders in the group were killing it. nobody could keep up with them and 1 was a girl (not that it matters).

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
You must ride a "goofy" stance to have opinions like that...
:dunce:

:razz:

i resemble that remark

nah, just kidding around. but i've only skied with a "good" rider twice that i can recall.

once this year. Met up with DannyP for a few runs with some AZ folks back in November @ K, he was ripping. Before that was with a group of people from work. 2 boarders in the group were killing it. nobody could keep up with them and 1 was a girl (not that it matters).

ya i know. it kinda steams me when people make coments like that because in reality a good rider has less contact with the snow than a pair of ski's and does less damage to the surface. the truth is any gomer that does not know how to ride/ski is going to ruin surface conditions.

What displaces more snow, a snowboarder sideslipping moguls..a chute..or a skier on Fat skis sideslipping moguls or a chute??? I'm guessing the skier..