Outer Limits Closed!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Outer Limits Closed!

Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I have not heard. And I am a big Killington skier from the 90's when Smith was was still the owner, and I cant make it up there too much anymore. But Outer Limits closed in January. What on earth is going on in Killington ???

Ski Days 07/08 35
    Ski Days 08/09 2 Blue Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I have not heard. And I am a big Killington skier from the 90's when Smith was was still the owner, and I cant make it up there too much anymore. But Outer Limits closed in January. What on earth is going on in Killington ???
    Why is it closed?
    I could see because of conditions.. Even MRG closed...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

i could be wrong, but from reading a bit on kzone i dont believe its been open at all yet.

It has been closed the last few times that I looked the website. They dropped the ropes on it on the 23rd but it was natural snow only. The cam showed bare spots on it over the weekend. I was curious why they were not blowing snow on it too.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Powdr is apparently cheap when it comes to snowmaking..

Items for Sale
    POWDR's clientele must not like bumps.....IIRC ASC really mowed a lot of bump runs because their executives and management didn't like bumps. Go figure
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Yeah, I was up there all weekend and OL was looking pretty bare -- rocks poking through all over the place, even after Saturday's snow. Crazy, since it has guns permanently mounted along the whole trail and it wouldn't take much more snow to get it open. The only guns I saw on all weekend were on Superstar, which they were really hammering all day Friday and Saturday.
    MountainReviews.com

It was open on 12/23 and was sweet:

From the Killington Insider page this morning:
    Based on the current forecast, we'll fire up the snow guns top-to-bottom on Outer Limits Monday afternoon. Depending upon output, we may be skiing on it sometime Tuesday.

Was it open 12/23? I know it opened for the afternoon of 12/21, but was closed on 12/22. Even thought it could have been opened no problem. It was totally covered.

Thread Information