• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
k might not even have guns going the first week of november. it all depends on what the weather is like and what their budget looks like. no other serious players in new england will be open before kmart likely, or at least none worthy of the drive (at least in my opinion). regardless of whether or not you appreciate kmart's new later opening strategy, they really do delivery on the opening day product for which they offer conditions suitable to december at any other ski area a month sooner. no other earlier opener has yet to seriously challenge kmart in that department. the challenge has only been half hearted attempts to claim the marketing of "first to open" :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
riverc0il said:
nope. i always arrange to take unschedule vacation days after a storm. never a sick day. no justification for a lie in my book, it's just not in me.
I work for myself so I am not sure how it goes over in the corp world but I always thought of it as a lie with a :wink: mixed in.

Where I work they treat sick days like personal days, so I don't feel too bad. Its no suprise to anyone here why I call in after some snow, besides I never call in 'sick', I just tell them that I can't make it in... ;)

Greg

Staff member
Powderhound21 said:
So when do they open? Ive got the first week in november booked at the notche, but they might not be open.
Historically (the past few seasons at least), K opens late October/early November, but what it will be this season is anyone's guess. I'm going to take a guess and say November 11.

awf170

Greg said:
Powderhound21 said:
So when do they open? Ive got the first week in november booked at the notche, but they might not be open.
Historically (the past few seasons at least), K opens late October/early November, but what it will be this season is anyone's guess. I'm going to take a guess and say November 11.

i cant believe the still have the chart on their website, any idiot who looks at it can tell the are cutting way back on the length of the season

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
any idiot who looks at it can tell the are cutting way back on the length of the season
Well, the shortened season (at least at the front end) is due to the top-to-bottom policy, which I actually applaud. Woodbury, BW, or Belleayre may beat 'em, but K will always offer much more vert right at the start.

awf170

Greg said:
awf170 said:
any idiot who looks at it can tell the are cutting way back on the length of the season
Well, the shortened season (at least at the front end) is due to the top-to-bottom policy, which I actually applaud. Woodbury, BW, or Belleayre may beat 'em, but K will always offer much more vert right at the start.

yeah i understand the start of the season thing, but the end of season they have no excuse. My point though was pretty much that chart doesnt look too good on there website because it shows how much shorter there seasons are now the back a few years ago.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yea, i noticed the same thing austin. surprised the marketing execs at corporate hadn't noticed the chart is trending towards much fewer days opened compared to the past. hardcore skiers know this just by being passionite about the sport and keeping track, but your average skier browsing the web site might scrtach their head after looking at that chart.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Can we get a group rate...does anyone stay over Friday and Saturday Nights?

Has anyone here ever "ran" a trip before?

I'm jonesen so bad, it sounds like a plan

Or does everyone want to do this midweek...can't imagine kmart opening day would be midweek though...

Greg

Staff member
Brettski said:
Can we get a group rate...does anyone stay over Friday and Saturday Nights?

Has anyone here ever "ran" a trip before?

I'm jonesen so bad, it sounds like a plan

Or does everyone want to do this midweek...can't imagine kmart opening day would be midweek though...
It was on a Tuesday last year...

I'll most likely go either opening day or the first Friday. Most of the "trips" in the past have just been meet-ups or gatherings. We tried to do the group rate thing a few times last year, but the minimum is usually around 20 and most of the time we get a half dozen or so together. Larger groups are possible/probable this season I'd imagine.

Vortex

Brettski, you blew me off last year. You could be telling everyone how good these trips are. Ow ya the mountain was closed. Just kidding. Goals are to get get groups to group rate levels. Hopefully we can find someway to get the cost down.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Bob R said:
Brettski, you blew me off last year. You could be telling everyone how good these trips are. Ow ya the mountain was closed. Just kidding. Goals are to get get groups to group rate levels. Hopefully we can find someway to get the cost down.

That was for ski mania...May 1st I believe....no?

An 8 hour run isn't as easy as 4

I'd like to figure out a way that it won't cost me a grand to ski 2 days at kmart....

Vortex

Ya it was Brettski. Just seeing if you were paying attention.
A goal of mine is to get some form of discounted tickets at some point. No promises no timetables. Just a goal that effort has been put into. Greg runs some giveways during the year. Keep an eye out.