• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
did they make a posted opening day last season? i would have thunk that kmart would stick with the "we will open whenever the weather allows for top to bottom snow making coverage" type rhetoric. well, props to them for picking a date that they now have to be accountable for (especially to pass holders). i will be gunning for either saturday or sunday that weekend, but it will be unlikely that weekend will be my first turns of the season :)

Greg

Staff member
I believe my wife might have jury duty either that Friday or the next. If not, I'm there.

bvibert

Staff member
I almost certainly won't be there on Friday, but that saturday is a strong possibility! :D

ctenidae

I had a dream last night that the weather channel said it would get down to 21 degrees in Boston this weekend. I got so excited I woke up, and almost turned on the TV to see if it was real.

Day-tripping Kmart on the 12th might be fun...

Vortex

I'll be going to the local Vet parade and then heading to Killington mid day on the 11th.
Probably head to Sunday River for the Rest of the weekend after that. All depends on what is open where. Getting together should be easy with limited terrain. I like to hook up with other board regulars as well. We all have the same passion nice community thing.

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
I believe my wife might have jury duty either that Friday or the next. If not, I'm there.
This is becoming a problem with a baby and now Jury Duty :wink: .
Yep. My ski season will be limited this season, but I hope to live vicariously through you all... ;)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
This is becoming a problem with a baby and now Jury Duty :wink: .
Yep. My ski season will be limited this season, but I hope to live vicariously through you all... ;)
You will just have to make more local trips. I hope to be doing alot of local trip myself this year.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Listen, when kids come, priorities change.

I skiied the most when our 1st was 6 months old...after that it went down hill...1 day a season...then there was the infamous 0 days!

Ah purgatory.

Well its been about 5 years now...started slowly...got a week up at smugglers for the first time in the spring.

Got there in the rain on Saturday, and it rained till thursday.

Kept at it, and it's been pretty stellar. Last year was really great, because the kids are really good now.

Good Luck

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, I expect a few slow years. I hope to get out at least 10-12 times per season for the next few. My daughter should be ready to join me next season so that should help!

bvibert

Staff member
I'm sure that my days out will be limited this year as well... Between my duaghter, who will be 6 mos in Dec., and the fact that we now have NO money I'll be happy to get out 10 times...

madskier6

Re: Children & Skiing

Hang-in there guys. It does get better.

I think I went 3 or 4 years without skiing more than once a year after we started having children. Now that my youngest is 7 and all my children ski, we do it every other weekend (at least). Last year I got in 29 days (18-20 of which I skied with the wife and one or more of my children).

You gotta pay your dues as they say.

The next milestone I'm worried about (which I've already started to experience) is the older children don't want to spend the weekend in VT skiing but would rather stay home to be with their friends and go to parties. Oh well, we all have our burdens to bear.

At least I can ski alone or with the wife now that the children are old enough that you don't have to be with them every second of the day.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Re: Children & Skiing

madskier6 said:
Hang-in there guys. It does get better.

I think I went 3 or 4 years without skiing more than once a year after we started having children. Now that my youngest is 7 and all my children ski, we do it every other weekend (at least). Last year I got in 29 days (18-20 of which I skied with the wife and one or more of my children).

You gotta pay your dues as they say.

The next milestone I'm worried about (which I've already started to experience) is the older children don't want to spend the weekend in VT skiing but would rather stay home to be with their friends and go to parties. Oh well, we all have our burdens to bear.

At least I can ski alone or with the wife now that the children are old enough that you don't have to be with them every second of the day.
Thats when you tell the older kids to bring a friend :idea: .

madskier6

Thats when you tell the older kids to bring a friend .

Good advice. We've tried that and it does work well but they still don't want to take friends every weekend. "I'd rather stay home Dad" :roll: It's all good. :)

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
My wife was relieved from jury duty so I will be at Killington on Friday, November 11 if they do indeed open that day.

skijay

I am leaving for FL on the 12th. I would like to go on the 11th if it is open. I get to break in my ASC Pass :p .

I have skied Mount Snow in the AM and sat on the beach in Sarasota, FL in the PM (same day), two years ago.

Vortex

skijay said:
I am leaving for FL on the 12th. I would like to go on the 11th if it is open. I get to break in my ASC Pass :p .

I have skied Mount Snow in the AM and sat on the beach in Sarasota, FL in the PM (same day), two years ago.

Ski and beach combo. That would be great.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
skijay said:

That cool..I love doing things like that.