• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
bvibert said:
So, Steve, when Woodbury opens before Kmart again this year are you gonna head down here to ski opening day with us CT folks? ;) :lol:
i've made my thoughts on woodbury known before. it's a joke, all PR and hardly worth it unless you are in town. but the fact that kmart can get upstaged by a joke... that's the point i was trying to make.

I know Steve, I was just busting your chops a little. ;) I agree with you about Woodbury, it is pretty funny though.

Geoff

Bob R said:
3 days is all it probably would take to get open. We will get some cold weather.

In early November, they usually can't blow snow on lower Bunny Buster during the day since it's an eastern exposure in the sun at low elevation. They can get the Great Northern wrap-around from the top and Rime in The Glades covered in a couple of days up to where Great Northern hits the Snowdon Triple. In the old days, they could get upper Cascade open in 24 hours. That last part of Bunny Buster either takes a cold snap or 4 or 5 days of blowing at night (and blowing water during the day if they don't turn the guns off).

Given the increases in electricty and diesel fuel, I'd bet that Killington will wait until they have an extended forecast for 7 days of sustained cold weather before they start making snow. Hard to say when that will happen.

Those first couple of weekends, we usually ski from 7:30 until 10:00 or so when the entire world shows up. It's unlikely that we'll stick around to be social. I go out of my mind after 2 hours of Rime and East Glade ^h^h^h^h^h^h Reason/Upper East Fall.

Vortex

Geoff. Thankx That is excellent info( from a very reliable source mind you). Much appreciation. Hope to hook up at some point. I much pefer this instead of our disagreements on Loon's grooming theories. lol

Greg

Staff member
Okay. Today is October 11. Let's take an official 1-month roll call. Reply here if you are definitely going to hit Killington on Friday, November 11, for an AZ gathering.

I am definitely in.

JimG.

Staff member
Still there...recruiting some of my buddies, got another commitment today.

Only the weather will keep me from my appointed rounds.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I

AM

IN!

MUST SKI NOW... MUST SKI NOW... MUST SKI NOW...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*looks for cheap flights to NZ and S America*

Greg

Staff member
So just four of us now? Come on people!

zowi420

Sorry, I don't get online often enough. I told you, I am low-tech. But YES, I am going! I'm trying to convince my friend Lorri to go also, but her husband will probably say "No". I'll see yous guys there!

Powderqueen

I will be there

How much for the group rate?

I will be there around noon. Must go to the Warren Miller film in Binghamton the night before, so I will drive in the morning.

I will likely have a couple of people with me, and i am meeting some people. If the group rate is worthwhile, I can meet up with someone when I get there to pick up my tix.

JimG.

Staff member
Re: I will be there

Powderqueen said:
How much for the group rate?

I will be there around noon. Must go to the Warren Miller film in Binghamton the night before, so I will drive in the morning.

I will likely have a couple of people with me, and i am meeting some people. If the group rate is worthwhile, I can meet up with someone when I get there to pick up my tix.

Hey Powderqueen! Nice to see you checking in. Now I know the ski season is right around the corner.

It would be great if we could all hook up on the 11th.

Greg

Staff member
So here's the roll-call list so far:

Greg
Bob R
JimG.
Marc
ChileMass
zowi420
Powderqueen
riverc0il (hasn't confirmed here, but I know he's going)

A nice group and three new faces to meet so far. Who else is in?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
You'd best keep that away from me, Steve, I might just break the damn thing.

And I'm not talking because I'm so ugly, but because an errant ski or pole might literally impale itself in it.

:dunce:

Greg

Staff member
Marc said:
You'd best keep that away from me, Steve, I might just break the damn thing.
It's true that Steve is going to document this event. We're experimenting a bit here, but based on the results, there may be additional AZ ski vids. Again, just an experiment, but if you really aren't comfortable with being filmed, just let Steve know and I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige. Something tells me you're really not all that camera shy though, Marc... ;)