• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 11/19/05

Vortex

It looks like the weather will be colder at Sunday river next week.
I still plan of going to SR Sat and Sunday. I'm still holding out for K next Friday... if not my next hope would be SR on Friday.

I'm just sick of all let downs. I missed the 1st opening weekend and nothing this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend if I can't ski my family may want to go away for a couple days.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
unfortunately, i have to bail on this event due to a family event occuring on saturday :( sorry guys, i hope kmart is actually able to open this coming weekend, the temps don't look great. hopefully i can make the next gathering.

Greg

Staff member
Well...based on the forecast, it doesn't look like this Friday is going to happen. Bummer. :(

JimG.

Staff member
Greg said:
Well...based on the forecast, it doesn't look like this Friday is going to happen. Bummer. :(

No, it doesn't look good but I'm not giving up all hope yet.

Typically, it's the first year I can remember my boss giving us Veteran's day off.

So I'm going to blame him...why not?

Greg

Staff member
JimG. said:
Greg said:

No, it doesn't look good but I'm not giving up all hope yet.
Likewise. But I don't have a good feeling about Friday. If they open, I'm there though.

zowi420

I'm bailing out too, even if they do open, it wouldn't be worth the 2+ hour drive. It has been downright balmy lately!

ChileMass

As stated last week, if they're open, I'll be there. I'll be damned if these leg workouts I've been doing for the past few weeks are going to waste!!

But - I don't have a good feeling about this. Not very good snowmaking weather recently.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
There's been no snowmaking as of late :(

70 F up here on Saturday and Thunderstorms last night. :roll:

Greg

Staff member
My guess is Friday is most likely not going to happen. Anyone up for Saturday if they open then?

JimG.

Staff member
Greg said:
My guess is Friday is most likely not going to happen. Anyone up for Saturday if they open then?

Without Friday it isn't worth it for me. A Saturday opening will be so crowded it won't be any fun.

Still hoping against hope they can open Friday.

bvibert

Staff member
I might be able to swing Saturday if they open, I really shoud get some other work done though... Do you really think there's a chance they'll open up on Saturday if they don't open Friday?

Greg

Staff member
Just heard back from Tom at Killington. He should know more about the potential for opening or not later today.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Even if we could get some info on when and what the plan is. I'm sure some folks will be on the road thursday night. I will be one of them.
I'm sure we'll know before Thursday night. Maybe mid-day Thursday. I'll call you if something changes, Bob.

Vortex

Sorry I just popped back here. I'm sure we will have info by then. My gut says I already know. Already changed my Sat and Sunday Plans. Still room for turns if something changes.

Vortex

I'm tired of working on the house. I cleaned the Condo last weekend. Friday, Sat or Sunday or any combo of the 3 are my plans until I'm told no. Sr is obviously out for Sat and Sunday know.