• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Washington hike pics. (More pics as of 8-16)

ozskier

Website
instagram.com
Not a fan of Huntington. I like thrills, but that just wasn't safe that day. I would hike that if we had rope or if I had a lighter pack. It is really steep in some sections and I'm just not tall enough for some of the handholds.

I also have a really bad right hand due to a double compound fracture and some tendon damage, so my right arm/hand got really tired halfway up.

cbcbd

Nice pics, looks like you had a pretty good overall weather day in the Whites.

ChileMass

Nice trip - I am humbled by your endurance! What was the GG headwall like to descend? My group was well below you on Saturday. Boy - that's a long day.

Vortex

Chile yous makes me laugh. I saw it on the SR board. I got a linc to sent in a picture for my pass and saw it while I was there. :D Glad to see you on your game though. :D

ozskier

Website
instagram.com
I just posted 77 more images from my buddys camera over on my blog...

http://www.ozskier.com/blog/2005/08/even-more-mount-washington-pics.html
A shot of me packing the camera away while my friends scale up the Huntington headwall.
img_1238.jpg

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Nice pics OZ. That sestion of Huntington ravine trail in the Alpine Garden looks familiar... Oh yeah, I had to run up it with 40 lbs of toddler and other gear on my back in a thunderstorm. Never doing that again! :D

Glad you guys had a great trip. It looks like you're a fun crew to hike with.

Smitty