• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Upgrade to vBulletin 3.8.x

Greg

Staff member
I've upgraded the forums to vBulletin version 3.8.0. There have been several template changes and some new features added so things may look a bit whacky for a bit. Please let me know of any issues.

gmcunni

Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we perform maintenance.

We will be back soon...

mid-day maintence sucks.. you should be working late at night so as not to interfere with our AZ posting!

tcharron

We need a metric.. "How many times was refresh pushed on the browsers during the maint period." :spread:

Greg

Staff member
Really digging the PM quick reply!

downhill04

Really digging the PM quick reply!

I thought it was great until it told me I was only allowed to reply to 6 people when there were 9 on the original list.

Also not sure if this is a part of the upgrade but I have been having trouble with AZ all day. I keep getting re-directed to a google screen saying it cant find AZ?????

Greg

Staff member
I thought it was great until it told me I was only allowed to reply to 6 people when there were 9 on the original list.

Also not sure if this is a part of the upgrade but I have been having trouble with AZ all day. I keep getting re-directed to a google screen saying it cant find AZ?????

I'll look into the first item. Definite server issues today not related to the upgrade.

jaywbigred

Greg I'm sure you're aware of it, but I have continued to have lots of loading errors over the month+. Today had been esp. tough.

Greg

Staff member
Greg I'm sure you're aware of it, but I have continued to have lots of loading errors over the month+. Today had been esp. tough.

There was a brief server issue this afternoon. Otherwise, problem free here for several weeks.

Greg

Staff member
Update to vBulletin 3.8.2

My host put a block on the forums last night since they claim it was draining server resources. I went ahead and patched a few scripts namely vBulletin. Sorry for the downtime.

Greg

Staff member
doesn't sound like good customer service to me.......:smash:

Well, they sent me something about it a week ago. Kind of a harsh way to follow up, but hey it got me to patch things up, right? :oops: :lol: Overall, they've been a pretty good host. Been with them since 2004. Had some real shitty ones in the early days.

Greg

Staff member
x2

Time for a dedicated server Greg... ;)

If this was late December, I might agree, but we're entering the slowest part of the year so it's not traffic-related. I think we'll get through the summer on a semi-dedicated, but might have to rethink things as we head into next season.