• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing and Snowboarding forum????

ga2ski

When did this become the sking and snowboarding forum?

What next . . . the skiing, snowboarding, monoboarding, snowblading, telemarking, teleboarding and tubing forum????? :roll: :p :D :wink:

bvibert

Staff member
Well its always been about skiing and snowboarding, it was just called skiing and riding (riding refers to snowboarding). It was changed to make things more clear. I think monoboarding (monoskiing??), telemarking and snowblading all fit into the skiing catagory, and teleboarding fits into the snowboarding catagory.. sort of.. We don't need no stinking tubing! ;)

smootharc

No tubing ? How dare you !!!

bvibert said:
We don't need no stinking tubing! ;)

I ski with head boots, tyrolia bindings, and two hot dog shaped tubes under foot. You nasty people are so closed-minded to us tubeslideskiers ! Next thing you know you'll be saying our tubes scrape off the moguls. Brutes !

:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Re: No tubing ? How dare you !!!

smootharc said:
bvibert said:
We don't need no stinking tubing! ;)

I ski with head boots, tyrolia bindings, and two hot dog shaped tubes under foot. You nasty people are so closed-minded to us tubeslideskiers ! Next thing you know you'll be saying our tubes scrape off the moguls. Brutes !

:beer:

:lol: :lol: Maybe we should change the title to "Skiing, Snowboarding, and all other assorted snow sliding sports including Tubing and riding Kitchen Sinks down-hill" :blink:

:lol: :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Moving to Feedback. As Brian indicated, the title of the forum was changed from "Skiing & Riding Discussion" to "Northeast Skiing & Snowboarding Forum" in order to clarify its purpose better. In theory, it should result in better search engine matches. Another goal is to increase our snowboarder contingent here. I don't think "riding" is as popular a search term as "snowboarding". I wonder if any horseback riders stumbled in here... :blink:

JimG.

Staff member
Powderhound21 said:
Greg said:
Another goal is to increase our snowboarder contingent here.

:beer: 8)

Good. Its needed (No offense)

Your opinion and honesty is valued; we all see the need too.

Tell your snowboarding buddies.