• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Server too busy

Greg

Staff member
I'm aware and looking into it. It is quite possible that AZ is reaching the limit of a semi-dedicated server. I might have to go to full dedicated soon. This is the busiest time of year for the site.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No biggie. Just thought I'd mention it because I haven't encountered that problem here before. There's another forum that I used to frequent that I'd get that message 7 out of 10 attempts, but not usually here.

campgottagopee

I'm aware and looking into it. It is quite possible that AZ is reaching the limit of a semi-dedicated server. I might have to go to full dedicated soon. This is the busiest time of year for the site.

Im givin 'er all she's got captain

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
again.... for about 5 mins

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection refused" The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team.

Currently Active Users: 77 (14 members and 63 guests) egads! We're outnumbered 4:1!

SkiDork

the hamster is running as fast as he can on the treadmill.. give him a break man...

hamster.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Oof. Yeah, that was rough, but I think I have it resolved.

Greg

Staff member
A fellow AZer was hotlinking to his avatar on another high traffic site and vBulletin needed to do a database query to retrieve the image for EVERY visitor to that other site. The member quickly removed it.

gmcunni

A fellow AZer was hotlinking to his avatar on another high traffic site and vBulletin needed to do a database query to retrieve the image for EVERY visitor to that other site. The member quickly removed it.

who was it? give us a name!!!