• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many hours a week would you like to ski??

Hey All,

If you didn't have to work and all you did was ski. How many hours a week would be the ideal amount to ski?? I think 35 hours a week for me would be perfect. 5 hours a day 7 days a week...maybe a rest day here and there if needed..What about you guys???

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Where would I be located?

In the East, 30 hours would probably be enough.

Out West, I'd want 50, at least 7 hours a day, 7 days a week (at least until the novelty wore off). In fact, even after the novelty wore off, I don't know if I'd ever get bored with some of the mountains out there.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Okay, then I choose 50 hours a week starting with early snow in Utah (Dec.-Jan.), then going to Colorado (Feb.), then Jackson Hole/Big Sky (Early March), then Whistler (Late March/April and early Summer on the Glacier).

Then New Zealand for the rest of the summer. I think I'd try to challenge myself to ski every day of the year if I had unlimited money and unlimited time.

Eski

I've skied 53 consecutive days so far, anywhere from an hour to full day ... some days it takes quite an effort to get out, but it's always worth it

dmc

I've skied 53 consecutive days so far, anywhere from an hour to full day ... some days it takes quite an effort to get out, but it's always worth it

:) Go dude... I'm his antithesis...

Geoff

When the skiing sucks, I skip days or cut it really short. I get really bored skiing nothing but groomed terrain.

My body can really only stand up to around 30 hours a week of skiing an ungroomed natural snow surface. My knees start bothering me and I need to skip days to recharge. I skied 9 to 12:30 Wednesday in sleet over 5", 9 to 3 on a 10" powder day Thursday, 9 to 3 on Friday, 8 to 3 on Saturday, and 8 to 3 on Sunday. Yesterday, I was completely shot and just went out for a couple of runs in the easy trees to blow the stink off.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'd like to say 30-40 hours a week. I mean if I didn't have to work, what else would I do? Focus on the honey-do list....I think not!

Awesome..my record is from January 30th to April 1st skiing everyday at Blue mountain back in 2007..62 days in a row..you better believe some of those days were in the rain or days when I was tired or sore. I don't think I'll ever beat that streak..Lately I've been skiing 4-6 days a week..

jaywbigred

If I were able to ski every day, I prob. wouldn't feel the need to go wire to wire everytime I skied. I also prob. wouldnt feel the need to ski in horrible weather or on extremely limited terrain. I'd prob average 4-5 hrs a session. For every time I skipped or had a short session for bad weather or limited terrain, I'd prob wind up with a longer, double session some other time when conditions were epic. Id prob take a day off every week to rest, esp the back and knees. What good is skiing everyday for 5 years only to have your back or knees give out and miss a season or worse?

Also, if I was rich enough and free enough to be able to ski everyday, I think I would feel a strong moral obligation to do something for the greater good with at least SOME of my time, so I'd prob wind up forking over some ski days to donate legal services to the poor. Of course, maybe I could start a charity/participate in one that already exists that involves skiing!

Also, I'd have to balance chasing endless winter with my second love of golf.