• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Locked Threads

teachski

Website
teachski.com
awf170 said:
hey, I know the thread is blocked and everything, but this just cracked me up. Much worse than our snowboarder vs. skier aurgument
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=28622&page=1&pp=30

Man that kid is an idiot... gives teenagers a bad name

Awf- was that in reference to my post there?

Maybe you should listen to what I am saying! It's not all snowboarders, it's a hand full of "idiots"
that just happen to be on snowboards and every on associates their behavior with ALL snowboarders (unfortunately).

You also find some "idiots" on skis and blades, but they are not as noticable as the snowboarders for some reason. Maybe it's that the boarders wear more "expressive" (for lack of better appropriate word) clothing and tend to be moving faster and straighter down the mountain, trying to get air off each and every little bump. Perhaps its because when they stop, they tend to stop right in the middle of the hill and sit down. Who knows, but their adverse behavior is more noticible than that of a two planker, sorry.

awf170

teachski said:
Awf- was that in reference to my post there?

Maybe you should listen to what I am saying! It's not all snowboarders, it's a hand full of "idiots"
that just happen to be on snowboards and every on associates their behavior with ALL snowboarders (unfortunately).

I was just saying that kid was a total idiot and was really ignorant, you did a good job defending the snowboarders there and just putting some common sense into there minds.
I dont understand how people do not get that it is the person, and it doesnt matter if they ski or snowboard.

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
there are just as many idiots on two planks as one. idiots are everywhere.
Well put, thanks.
this thread is quickly getting off topic though ;)
Also well put, lets not start a flame war in the help forum, thanks ;)

teachski

Website
teachski.com
riverc0il said:
there are just as many idiots on two planks as one. idiots are everywhere... ;)
Exactly my point. My other point was that for some reason people notice these idiots on snowboarding more than the ones on skis. Maybe it's because snowboarding is relatively new...my analogy on epic:
Though I was not around when rock and roll first came out, it met much the same resistance as snowboarding has. Give it time to be accepted and settle in. I think it can peacefully co-exist with skiing.