• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee + wind

gmcunni

I'll be freezing my ass off in NH this weekend. Not only will it be cold but looks like some good wind in the forecast as well. I see Sunapee has a high-speed quad to the top which i assume is subject to typical wind hold but does anyone know in general how that mountain does on windy days? Are the other lifts likely to run?

powbmps

I've been pretty impressed with the lack of wind closures at Sunapee. All of the lifts are relatively protected. The Summit Quad is the first to be put on hold, but they can still run the North Peak and Sun Bowl chairs without the Summit running.

I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to keep all the lifts going on the holiday weekend.

Which days are you planning on being there?

gmcunni

I've been pretty impressed with the lack of wind closures at Sunapee. All of the lifts are relatively protected. The Summit Quad is the first to be put on hold, but they can still run the North Peak and Sun Bowl chairs without the Summit running.

I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to keep all the lifts going on the holiday weekend.

Which days are you planning on being there?

Thanks for the info. Orginally planned to ski Sunapee on Friday and Sunday. But with the temps/wind predicted for Friday we're rethinking the schedule due to the kids ( 3 kids, 10, 10, 8 ).