• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A real "big boy's ski"

Philpug

Most bad ass ski ever, the big block chevy of skis...

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Mauleflyer

Great pics, where did they come from? I still have a pair of K2 5500 but they are mounted on my wall.

drjeff

NIce old school macho ski stoke there Philpug!

I think that you're average steel I-Beam has more flex in it than those VO Slaloms! But while that was too much ski for about 99% of the population, they worked pretty well for the Mahre brothers!

MahreSarajevo1.jpg

Philpug

I think that you're average steel I-Beam has more flex in it than those VO Slaloms! But while that was too much ski for about 99% of the population, they worked pretty well for the Mahre brothers!

MahreSarajevo1.jpg

Not only are these VO's...but the serial number is 204R00034. What do you think that R stands for? I guess the regular VO was a little too warm and fuzzy for some. 8)

The pair that are virgins are significantly stiffer than the par mounted.

drjeff

Not only are these VO's...but the serial number is 204R00034. What do you think that R stands for? I guess the regular VO was a little too warm and fuzzy for some. 8)

The pair that are virgins are significantly stiffer than the par mounted.

WOW! Race stock VO's :eek: Let me then ammend my first statement about them being as stiff as your average steel I-Beam and change that to one of those HUGE bridge sized I-Beams! :lol:

I'm just sitting at my desk right now chuckling and having flashbacks to the good 'ol days when you'd go into a ski shop to buy and new pair and one of the major selling points that the folks at the shop would use was holding the tip and flexing the shovel to show you how stiff the ski was! :lol: ;) How things have changed!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

MahreSarajevo1.jpg

Ah, the boys with hair, holding sticks they never skied on. What they skied on was custom-built for them and for the task at hand..... Standard sponsorship deal....

SkiDork

I still have a pair of 5500's in a 207 in my basement... I use them for pond skimming.

Philpug

I will mount the VO's and Electra's on the wall, just need to figure how w/o drilling through the skis.