• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

09-10 Sneek Preview

Glenn

These look really similar to their skis from back in the day:
5556.jpg

drjeff

Everytime nowadays when I see a companies ENTIRE line on display, it amazes me how things have changed in the last 20 odd years. Even in the late 80's, if you took a look at a companies entire line, it consisted of maybe 10 to 12 different models. 3 to 4 entry level models (typically 3 "mens"/"gender neutral" models and maybe 1 womens model), 2 to 3 mid-level models(maybe a womens model at this level) and 3 race skis. That was it. Also, generally speaking the same basic graphics with usually only slight color variations within each level of ski.

Nowadays, a companies entire line is often 25+ models, and essentially no correlations with graphics between the models. Can't wait to see what a companies model line will look like in 2020!

highpeaksdrifter

Everytime nowadays when I see a companies ENTIRE line on display, it amazes me how things have changed in the last 20 odd years. Even in the late 80's, if you took a look at a companies entire line, it consisted of maybe 10 to 12 different models. 3 to 4 entry level models (typically 3 "mens"/"gender neutral" models and maybe 1 womens model), 2 to 3 mid-level models(maybe a womens model at this level) and 3 race skis. That was it. Also, generally speaking the same basic graphics with usually only slight color variations within each level of ski.

Nowadays, a companies entire line is often 25+ models, and essentially no correlations with graphics between the models. Can't wait to see what a companies model line will look like in 2020!

The only thing that stays the same is that nothing ever does.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Yeah baby, White Star, Red Star and Blue Star. Kneissl use to sell White, Red and Blue star sweaters to go with them. Ahh....Hunter in the 70's thanks for the memories. :grin:
Those Kneissl's are the only skis that look very good in that link. The rest of those skis look like they got hit with an ugly stick. Good thing the older and current models of the Legend 8000 are plentiful. I would have to find a new ski for my next replacement if not! Why do most ski manufacturers think powder skiers are only down with the pipe and park designs? I can understand those designs on the twin tip park freeride line. But on the fat powder tip it just seems redundant and unwarranted. Call me old school but I like things a little more subtle and understated underfoot.

Philpug

crossmax.jpg

Atomic called, they want you to put the SX:11 graphics back in the closet.

Damato

I had to do a double look. ^^ Thought they were Atomics for a minute. My wife is Swedish. She is all over those blue/yellow Full Tilt's!!!! Thanks for sharing.