• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Event Calendar

Greg

Staff member
I've implemented the Calendar mod which will be very useful for organizing trips and events. You can view the calendar here. Alternatively, you can view the current week's events by clicking the Calendar link found on the top-right corner of the forum pages. Enjoy! 8)

SilentCal

Can anyone put anything on this? I'm stupid and can't figure out how to put the Flags on the 48 event on there.

bvibert

Staff member
Right now only the moderators can add events to the calender. If you create a thread for the event in the Trips & Events Forum then one of the mods can link the thread to the calender.

Joshua B

I love the idea of an event calendar. This one looks very good. When I had one on my old ski web site, I tried to keep up with New England ski area events like competitions, demo days, and other promotions. It takes a lot of work but that would be a great addition. Perhaps projected opening dates could be added as well.

Vortex

Joshua B said:
I love the idea of an event calendar. This one looks very good. When I had one on my old ski web site, I tried to keep up with New England ski area events like competitions, demo days, and other promotions. It takes a lot of work but that would be a great addition. Perhaps projected opening dates could be added as well.

I like the projected opening day idea as well. good one.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Joshua B said:

I like the projected opening day idea as well. good one.
Agreed. We'll certainly add them as soon as I get pseudo-official word from the mountains. Thanks for the kind words, JB.

Joshua B

Off-season events would be cool too. As you know, a lot of the ski areas update their web sites with their event calendars, so the work is there for you... :wink:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
quick bug note: the roll over on the calandar extends beyond the current screen so you can not see all the details regarding the event. not sure if that is fixable with the add on feature, minor annoyance for roll over viewing of thurs, fri, and sat events. note, this is utilizing the mini week long calandar view by clicking the link at the top of the page. firefox 1.0.4 is the browser.

awesome add on! t4t has a similar event calandar which seems to work well for coordinating their meet ups. i am sure it will help bring more folks on AZ together for turns and trails :beer: nice one.

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
quick bug note: the roll over on the calandar extends beyond the current screen so you can not see all the details regarding the event. not sure if that is fixable with the add on feature, minor annoyance for roll over viewing of thurs, fri, and sat events. note, this is utilizing the mini week long calandar view by clicking the link at the top of the page. firefox 1.0.4 is the browser.

awesome add on! t4t has a similar event calandar which seems to work well for coordinating their meet ups. i am sure it will help bring more folks on AZ together for turns and trails :beer: nice one.
Thanks Steve, It seems to be Firefox-specific - probably part of what we get for bucking the trend. I'll check with the mod's author.

Joshua B

Greg

Staff member
Also, please note that news articles about events will have their dates added to the calendar as well, if applicable.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
sounds like the calendar could get quite cluttered. perhaps one calendar for AZ gatherings and meetups and another for content oriented dates such as news events, demo days, posted ski area openings, etc.?

Joshua B

Good point Steve. I guess my opinion is...Who cares how cluttered it gets? The more going on means the more options people have when they're trying to make plans and decide where to go.