Orion Cookout - August 8th Stamford, Conn - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sorry, just saw this...
    thanks

Bump and gripe.

The good news is, you can have beer (but no other intoxicating liquids), but not in glass (riiiight).

The bad news is, and this is something that really chaps my hide about this state, it costs $20 to get a permit to enter the park if you're not a resident. Which, I'm guessing, none of us are. The big park in Greenwich is the same way. WTF is up with charging to enter a city park? Imaguine Central Park charging $20 to get in. Or the Commons in Boston. Charging for parks is near the top of my "Why I Hate Connecticut" list.

/rant off
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

only 'park' I've ever recalled paying to enter is a beach, but that's a parking fee typically; not an 'entrance fee'

with you cten that's pretty lame

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Bump and gripe.

The good news is, you can have beer (but no other intoxicating liquids), but not in glass (riiiight).

The bad news is, and this is something that really chaps my hide about this state, it costs $20 to get a permit to enter the park if you're not a resident. Which, I'm guessing, none of us are. The big park in Greenwich is the same way. WTF is up with charging to enter a city park? Imaguine Central Park charging $20 to get in. Or the Commons in Boston. Charging for parks is near the top of my "Why I Hate Connecticut" list.

/rant off
    It looks like it is actually Stamford that is charging and get the money and not the greedy state.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Bump and gripe.

/rant off
    Problem solved See you there

bump

Thread Information