• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust II - 3/22/09

Course for mogul comp?

• Top to bottom

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Top to midstation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Top of steep pitch to midstation

• Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

• Exhibition ;)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmcunni

Greg, how about taking one of your pictures of GB and mark it up to match the description in the POLL? i've skied GB but can't decipher your poll decriptions.

Greg

Staff member
Greg, how about taking one of your pictures of GB and mark it up to match the description in the POLL? i've skied GB but can't decipher your poll decriptions.

Borrowing powbmps pic for this. Top to bottom is obvious. It's also difficult to tell where the flat section is in there from this pic. Pretty crude and probably not totally accurate, but basically:

Gunbarrel.jpg

Red: From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom
Blue: Top to midstation (the upper section isn't visible in the pic)
Green: Top of steep pitch to midstation
Yellow: Lower pitch only (midstation to bottom)

mondeo

honestly, i think your latter suggestion is by far the best. even if they can patch up the steeper part, what lines are gonna form in there? there isnt enough snow to dig out anything real.
Groom some snow into it and give whatever bump skier happens to be there a shovel. That way we'd end up with bumps I'd be completely happy with.

Creakyknees

I added a poll to this thread. Chris asked for some feedback on where to put the course. I think it depends on what the goal here should be. If we want to try to come as close to WC,

Is Sundown going to groom gunny flat and rebuild the course for the competition? Is that what you meant by WC course.

Or will the weather play a role on if gunny should be rebuilt?

Again, thanks for the videos it's always enjoyable to watch people having a great time skiing bumps.;-)

Greg,
Are you in the video from Sunday?

mondeo

Is Sundown going to groom gunny flat and rebuild the course for the competition? Is that what you meant by WC course.

Or will the weather play a role on if gunny should be rebuilt?

Again, thanks for the videos it's always enjoyable to watch people having a great time skiing bumps.;-)

Greg,
Are you in the video from Sunday?
I think by WC course he meant length wise. Which is less than top to bottom.

Greg's the poser with the gray pants with black knee flags.

MR. evil

I voted for the 'From the lower/middle of the steep section to the bottom' option. Not that I think I can do that lenght without stopping, but it just seems like the best combination of pitch, lenght and good lines.

bvibert

Staff member

No, he meant more in terms of the length. What you see is what you get as far as the bumps go, no reseed.

mondeo

So the leading vote getter, blue start, red kicker/landing boxes, orange finish:
topmidtobottom.png

Top of steep to midstation. Upper kicker should probably come up a few bumps further:

steeptomid.png

The top of the steeps to midstation ends up with a much better section between the kickers. If you go with mid-top to bottom, a lot of the middle section is flat.

All I ask for is a bunch of snow and a shovel, and we get lines where it's burnt out.

Madroch

i still want an iron man div.

Maybe for you younguns (or those simply in better shape than I)--- I would have no shot... I tried to go T2B a couple of times-- not even close. My gym visits have greatly diminished this year due to too much damn work, but I have skied a lot more often-- and still not a chance.

On the upside, the carnage would be truly entertaining...

MR. evil

i still want an iron man div.

I will one up you...how about a biathlon type event?

A timed top to bottom run down Gunny. Get to the bottom, change into riding gear and then a ten mile (or 5 mile) MTB ride ending back the lodge. Change into you ski gear and then one more top to bottom run down the bumps. Lowest total time wins. That would be a truly unique and awesome event.

bvibert

Staff member

A timed top to bottom run down Gunny. Get to the bottom, change into riding gear and then a ten mile (or 5 mile) MTB ride ending back the lodge. Change into you ski gear and then one more top to bottom run down the bumps. Lowest total time wins. That would be a truly unique and awesome event.

Sounds good, except you need to get up to the top of Gunny under your own power.. and you need to swim across the snowmaking pond by the lodge to make it a triathlon. 8)

Grassi21

gunny top to bottom, mtb ride, skin/snow-shoes/hike up gunny, gunny top to bottom, many beers in the lodge...

2knees

t2b on gunny, 12 bong hits, 3 shots of jaeger, 3 beer funnel, first one to puke wins........

SKidds

So what is Sundown going to call it...........and will Meat Head film the carnage? :puke:

Vert and Vomit?
Bump, Bike, Booze and Barf?
Pukeapalooza?

Keep the back of the lot open for the chopper.......

Grassi21

So what is Sundown going to call it...........and will Meat Head film the carnage? :puke:

Vert and Vomit?
Bump, Bike, Booze and Barf?
Pukeapalooza?

Keep the back of the lot open for the chopper.......

i like the sounds of the first option.

MR. evil

Part of the MTB ride would have to include a long kick ass down hill section.

Status
Not open for further replies.