• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traitorous Thoughts

Trekchick

What's in the water over there?
You guys are like........Twelve!

I an imagine you both fondling your toys daily and dreaming of rides that dreams are made of.

bvibert

Staff member
What's in the water over there?
You guys are like........Twelve!

I an imagine you both fondling your toys daily and dreaming of rides that dreams are made of.

It's good to be young at heart.

Besides, she started it!

BTW - it's not nice to call my wife a toy. :eek:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Had a great ride with the "posse" this morning out in the local woods. It was beautiful out on the trails with some fresh snow falling. Only about 1/2"-1" of new but it was wet and made the woods look very pretty. :)

Trails were in great shape, not too wet or muddy.

MRGisevil

Not that I know of, and don't want to go around trashing trails until I get the heads up that everything's clear.

That, or I'm just lazy.

Greg

Staff member
Some more MTB related thoughts creeping in lately...

bvibert

Staff member
Now that my ski season is likely over the MTB thoughts are taking control. Unfortunately it's raining and my bike is in pieces, otherwise I'd likely be out there already. Luckily bike parts have started to trickle so I can put the beast back together for another season of awesomeness, hopefully by next weekend.

RENO

I like your Gear Tracker Brian. I check mostly all the same sites every day! :lol: Bonktown is one I didn't know about. I'll add that to the list! I also track Woot.com, 1saleaday.com and Skyauction.com Mostly not outdoor related, but usually something pops up that I might be interested in. Mostly tech stuff with the first 2. I've also found some great deals on lodging with Skyauction...

Hopefully still a few more days of snowboarding before it's over for me, but I'm looking forward to doing some new mountain bike trails the next few months. We'll see...

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks RENO, glad you find them useful. I never heard about 1saleaday.com and Skyauction.com before, I'll have to check them out.

Greg

Staff member
Got some spring yard clean-up to do this week, then it's on to mountain biking among a few more trips north.

Greg

Staff member
The MTB psyche level is peaking today. Season starts Sunday! I'm pumped!

bvibert

Staff member
I'm pumped to have a rideable bike by this weekend. Not sure when my season will start...

sLoPeS

pretty dry out there...

im soooo f-ing jealous! tear it up guys, and enjoy the dirt.

trail updates:

hiked up to the pinacle in penwood on tuesday....very dry and rideable

hiked to pinacle rock in plainville and then over to rattlesnake yesterday....pretty dry, some damp/wet spots but even low lying areas were pretty dry even after the rain on wednesday

im sure this rain will impact the trails some, but i think the ground is so dry that its just soaking up the rain quickly.

my 2cents.....by mid day sunday they should be good to ride and a nice day out there.

next week for me!