• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traitorous Thoughts

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Is it wrong that I'm already thinking fondly of the MTB season? :oops:

It's been on my mind a lot over the last few days... Don't get me wrong, I don't want ski season to be over. But I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike, something that dropped off drastically too early in the season last year.

Last edited:

Grassi21

i have been thinking of it lately. but i look at my bike every time i go into the basement to get fire wood. i also get a reminder when i go into my workshop. the single speed i am building is sitting on the workbench.

unfortunately i will get a later start than most due to coaching. :-(

Jisch

This is actually the first year in a LOOOOONG time where I've taken any time off of the bike. Ski conditions have just been too good! I'll probably head out on a night ride tomorrow night, as it sounds like we're going to get some rain then a freeze. I am hoping there's enough crust to ride on top, man is that a fun time. The woods become a huge skateboard park.
John

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
...because I probably won't even get to ski until Saturday anyway. I have a lot of time to think about other pursuits since I only have the time to ski about once a week lately.

bvibert

Staff member
I've been thinking about it lately too. Maybe because I've been unhappy with my skiing progress thus far this season...

Greg

Staff member
I've been thinking about it from time to time. Not in a missing it kind of way, but rather just looking forwad to having something fun to do after ski season is done. But I have no intention of hopping on the bike for another 3 months. Although I might squeak some rides in before I'm done skiing if the trails dry out enough here.

bigbog

..not the only one..

Have to agree with severine,
I am longing for the springtime paddling in the narrow brooks/streams and ponds, along with MTBing and plain old hiking..however the skin/boot up terrain outside the resorts is unending up here. A lot of lesser vertical, but pack your lunch and backpack stove...and it can be worth it. But more fresh stuff coming....all the mtns/hills/woods are doable...

o3jeff

I'm reminded of it every time I walk into my family room, have a new helmet and shoes still sitting in the corner that I need to bring to the basement.

Can't wait to ride in the spring.;bikesmilie;

gmcunni

my only thoughts of mtb have been an occational chainlove popup that intrests me and i went to the basement storage room the other day and noticed my bike in the corner. thought to myself.. oh yeah, i have a mtb, will have to get that out in a few months.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think my mind may be turning this way for the same reason as Brian: I'm not finding a lot of advancement in my skiing this year so I'm looking forward to advancing in MTBing. I can't wait to get out and try that 9 mile ride in Meriden again, for example, or try more of the stuff at Nass so I can try to catch up to you guys a bit. I fell so far behind last year that I started to get a little despondent that I couldn't keep up; new season means a new chance to catch up.

gmcunni

Should get a lot more riding in this season too, I don't think we started riding until June last year.

i plan on A LOT more riding this summer. i didn't get started until Sept. last year.

darn this thread.. i should be thinking about skiing ... not MTB'ing. :razz: