• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whatcha doin' for Labor Day weekend?

Greg

Staff member
For me and the family, it's the annual Labor Day camping trip at White Lake State Park with three other college buddies and their families. It's cool now that we all have kids. A total of eight adults and seven kids ranging from 7 months to 9 years old (and one in the oven). We'll soon be outnumbered! Heading up Friday for three nights of cooler camping.

You?

Max

Possibly a hike on Sunday, considering a "Half Pemi Loop". In via the Wilderness trail, across the Franconia Ridge, over to Garfield, then a long jog out via 13 Falls.

dmc

Drinking.. BBQing... Playing guitar... And house stuff..

bvibert

Staff member
As of right now I don't think we have any plans. I'm sure we'll find a picnic to go to though...

Sounds like a fun trip Greg. Reminds me of when I was growing up. My Dad's family would all get together for "Christmas in July" at a camp ground in CT, it was great fun! :D

Paul

Taking the following 4 days off and taking the proverbial "Honey-Do" vacation.

Also my little girl's 5th B-day and first day of Kindergarten on Wed. That should be a little bittersweet.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Saturday: My usual early morning hike/run with the dog. Instead of our usual loop around the lake, we may tackle another section of the Tully Trail.

Sunday: End of summer cookout at my brother-in-laws. They have one every year and it's a great time. Should be extra nice this year as it is the last day before my nephew heads off for college.

Monday: Who knows. Maybe a hike up Wachusett or Mt. Grace, or even Monadnock if we're really feeling crazy. Basically a nice decompression day before the next 2 weeks of hell at work.

Everyone enjoy the weekend. :beer: The weather forecast looks awesome so far. 8)

Smitty

kickstand

ski_resort_observer said:
Working, slinging veggies at the Castlberry Craft Fair in Topsfield, MA. Can't wait to pluck my big butt down on a stool at the Agawan Diner after the fair closes down for the night.

is that at the fairgrounds they use for the big fair next month?

loafer89

I am going up to the Catskills to go kayaking on the Esophus. There is a whitewater festival in Shandanken and there will be a dam release over the weekend that will triple the amount of water usually found in the creek, sounds like a challenge :eek:

Zand

Spencer Fair is right down the road Thursday-Monday. I go Thursday Night, all day Friday, Saturday night, and Monday night. They have a few rides, some great demo derbys, and tons of fricken cows and many other animals.

Vortex

Lets see pats thursday night. One of the Nh lakes Friday. RatDog Friday night, Hiking Sat am, Sat after noon Lancaster Fair. Monday Am hike and go home early to beat traffic.
Edit charlie Daniels is playing at the Lancaster fair I plan of catching that on sat.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Working on Friday.
Odds and ends on Sat.
Hiking with new buds from VLS on Sunday (Camels Hump)
Homework and odds and ends Monday.