• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you hiking for Labor Day Weekend?

Mike P.

Usaully two crowded on Labor Day Weekend, i may put in a few miles on the local Rail Trail but that is it.

Following Thursday & Friday after the Holiday should be in Concord for work, likely out around 12:00 so may hit something in Lakes Region befor heading home

Two weeks after that similar situation in Utica, may hit something in Catskills or on NY/AM border on Taconic trail

Early October will be Franconia Ridge, likely Liberty & the taller two - maybe Columbus Day weekend (busy)

Should have a business trip in Keene & will climb Monadnock as a client event :beer:

November another Concord trip with a Washington attempt prepping for early winter

Early December, hopefully Street & Nye although Colvin & Blake possible instead
After Christmas - Washington.

MtnMagic

Going with a group I've hiked with for over a year to Mt Isolation. Celebrating Figgy's #48 and a few beers afterwards. This will be my 4th hike to Isolation this year. The first three were in the high snows of winter with the last one the only success.

Also planning on going to a few of the following mtns that are still t/b/d: N. Crocker, S. Crocker, Sugarloaf, Redington or Bigelows (W. Peak and Avery Peak)!

ga2ski

MichaelJ said:
ga2ski - I hope you get your car spot because it's a long, bleah, uphill walk from Ammo back up Jefferson Notch Road. And it's not a road for pedestrians so do be careful!

Due to gas prices and the lack of friend's avaible to hike i think we are hanging around home and biking, fishing and resting. Maybe playing somne wiffleball, playing poker, and attending/hosting BBQ or two.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
And in fact for me, due to gas prices I may not be heading to the CT bbq I had planned on.

Magic - the Bigelows are an *awesome* hike - if the weather's good, target those over the others you have listed!!!

TenPeaks

Baldface loop. Perhaps I'll do them in reverse, even though it may be tough getting up those ledges while walking backwards. :eek:

MtnMagic

TP: The Baldface loop is spectacular, you'll love it!

Thank you for the advice MJ. I will talk it up with the group tomorrow and have all day to "express interest in the Bigelows!"

MagicMtn.jpg

TenPeaks

MM: I agree with MichaelJ. The Bigelow's are spectacular. If you have time to do the full loop you'll get 2 NE 4,000 footers and a NE 100 highest. Besides the lists the views from these peaks can't be beat.

If you're going for a couple days you could easily bag Redington before your ride home. If you follow the logging roads from Caribou Valley Rd. the 4 mile hike from the broken down bridge 1.1 miles from the AT crossing can be done in under 2 hours at a leisurly pace.