• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you hiking for Labor Day Weekend?

Vortex

I plan on hitting the Welch Dickey Loop one day and Garfield another with the Lancaster fair thrown in between. My little princess may make Garfield a Father son hike only. Ow Pats Thurs night.

Max

OK, I'll put it here too. Hoping to do a 1/2 Pemi loop on Sunday. Starting from Lincoln Woods and going across the Franconia Ridge, over to Garfield, and then returning via 13 Falls. I've been doing some marathon training, so instead of continuing across South Twin and the Bonds, I'd like to use the flattish route out from 13 Falls as a nice run back to Lincoln Woods. This way I get a training run and a hike above treeline on the same day!

una_dogger

Well...

I'd really like to be out for a weekend backpack or at least two strenous hiking days, but I may be getting suckered into a family thing involving food I don't eat, ridicule and criticism regarding my food choices, digs at why I spend so much time hiking and not enough time doing family things, etc etc.

Just thinking about it makes my head spin!

SilentCal

Saturday, Last day of work and a Bowling tournament.
Sunday, Escaping Western Mass for two weeks in the Whites.
Monday, Starting a three day lazy walk through the Pemi Loop.

mmmmm. can't wait!

Vortex

SilentCal said:
Saturday, Last day of work and a Bowling tournament.
Sunday, Escaping Western Mass for two weeks in the Whites.
Monday, Starting a three day lazy walk through the Pemi Loop.

mmmmm. can't wait!

Enjoy your vacation.

Sherpa John

Website
www.wildwhites.com
Saturday: Running the Kanc from Conway to Lincoln (35 Miles)
Sunday: N to S Presi Traverse hopefully WITH Isolation
Monday: Madison for an anniversary (love you sarah)

cbcbd

Sherpa John said:
Saturday: Running the Kanc from Conway to Lincoln (35 Miles)
Sunday: N to S Presi Traverse hopefully WITH Isolation
Man, that sounds like fun. I wish I had a nice stretch of scenic road like the Kanc around here...

And a traverse with Isolation? Are you planning on going over to Boot Spur from Washington? That should be a 30+ mile day... too bad sunlight is slowly going away (the only part I hate about winter).

Oh yeah, I'm going away to Switzerland next week. Plan on spending lots of time around Zermatt and the Jungfrau region. Then at the end of the week I have a wedding of a friend to attend in Altdorf (origin of the William Tell story).

jstarks188

howdy all,
i'm heading out to the catskills,i'm thinking the still mountain wilderness.
i hope everyone enjoys the weekend

ga2ski

Planning to do Jefferson via Ridge of Caps trail to washington to monroe and down the Ammo and back to the car unless I find some friends to drive up and then we can leave a car at the cog p-lot.

Hoping to do another hike as well. Maybe Jackson, pierce and eisenhower or waumbek depending on where we stay over the weekend. Not sure if i can pay for the gas to drive from home and back each day. It might be cheaper to get a hotel.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
ga2ski - I hope you get your car spot because it's a long, bleah, uphill walk from Ammo back up Jefferson Notch Road. And it's not a road for pedestrians so do be careful!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I'll probably hike around a Fair or two as I do each Labor Day. I haven't been to the North Hampton (Tri-State) Fair for a few years now, maybe I'll go there. :wink: