• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How'd you select your username?

zowi420

Very interesting, indeed!
Isn't a "cantdog" a tool to move logs? Like a peavy?
I thought ga2ski was gay to ski. Then I realized on my own, that it was a short "A". SORRY, Gotta-ski! I'm kinda slow!
I thought River Coil worked at the River Oil Company.
I was way off on all these!
Mine's easy....Zowi is my name, Zowie, and 4/20 is my birthday, April 20th, which, as some of you may know, is a national holiday!

JimG.

Staff member
zowi420 said:
Very interesting, indeed!
Isn't a "cantdog" a tool to move logs? Like a peavy?
I thought ga2ski was gay to ski. Then I realized on my own, that it was a short "A". SORRY, Gotta-ski! I'm kinda slow!
I thought River Coil worked at the River Oil Company.
I was way off on all these!
Mine's easy....Zowi is my name, Zowie, and 4/20 is my birthday, April 20th, which, as some of you may know, is a national holiday!

Ouch! This post makes me realize I like you Zowie.
Keep up the good work!

Snowflower

All the variations of Sugarloaf were already taken by the time I started posting in chat rooms, so instead I used the name of our condo complex at Sugarloaf. The advantages are that it's pronounceable, but different enough that I've been able to use the same name in every chatroom.

kcyanks1

My first and last initials (kc), and then I'm a diehard Yankees fan (yanks) and then I just threw a number at the end.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
This is going to sound REALLY bad. I had been using Day-Dreamer for years, but I was in my early twenties and decided it was time to move on. Always liked French stuff, and even some French films. My name comes from the main character in "Belle du Jour"... the story of an upper-class bored housewife who becomes a callgirl by day while hubby is off at work. :oops: I didn't pick it because of the character... I just liked the name! Honest!!!

Greg

Staff member
severine said:
the story of an upper-class bored housewife who becomes a callgirl by day while hubby is off at work. :oops: I didn't pick it because of the character... I just liked the name! Honest!!!
Brian - get your @$$ home now! ;)

bvibert

Staff member
severine said:
This is going to sound REALLY bad. I had been using Day-Dreamer for years, but I was in my early twenties and decided it was time to move on. Always liked French stuff, and even some French films. My name comes from the main character in "Belle du Jour"... the story of an upper-class bored housewife who becomes a callgirl by day while hubby is off at work. :oops: I didn't pick it because of the character... I just liked the name! Honest!!!

Sure... The truth comes out!! :angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I knew this would be trouble. :roll: I could have just as easily picked a name out of my high school French textbook, but I just HAD to pick that one! :wink:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
bvibert said:

That's right! I don't actually go to work at City Hall every day... it's all a ruse! And THAT'S why I encourage you so much to work late, too! ;)

Must also be why Margaret doesn't look like either one of us, right? ;)

bvibert

Staff member
severine said:
bvibert said:

That's right! I don't actually go to work at City Hall every day... it's all a ruse! And THAT'S why I encourage you so much to work late, too! ;)

Must also be why Margaret doesn't look like either one of us, right? ;)

I knew it... I think you need to start charging more! ;)

ChileMass

My nickname "Chile" comes from the little lunch counter restaurant I worked at in college. From about 1976 - 1983, Chile Franks was a chili joint a block away from the Albany State dorms, whose cafeterias were world-renowned for inedible food presented in a cold, miserable setting. Chile Franks was run by a former Albany State prof named Frank (hence the name) who had lost his job when his depatrtment was axed, and the home-made food he and his daughters (Chile Janet and Chile Alicia) served was a cheap, welcome alternative to the cafeterias. And I don't know why he insisted on spelling it like the country and not the food, but that's the way it was. I worked there for 3 semesters and got the name Chile Billy hung on me by the regulars, and it stuck. To this day, my oldest friends simply call me "Chile". Having lived in Mass since 1987, that just completes the name.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Well, after I took a few online surveys, conducted a door to door, consulted a Zogby poll, used some voodoo, performed a few small animal sacrifices, conducted focus groups, hired my own marketing executive, and threw spaghetti at the wall I arrived at...

my first name.

Yeah, I was just as creative as Greg was.

ctenidae

Can I borrow that when you're done? Yowza. She's not too hard to look at, is she?

Warning- GIS for Catherine Deneuve will produce some NSFW results.