• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How'd you select your username?

loafer89

My first day of skiing at Sugarloaf was on December 23rd, 1989. Since Sugarloafers tend to be proud of the "I've been a Sugarloafer since" stuff, my username is loafer89.

Mildcat

BUMP

I've heard Wildcat referred to in a derogatory way as Mildcat. I've always liked Wildcat and I usually ski pretty mellow so I made my username Mildcat.

Now this is a good thread to bump!

Beetlenut

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far.... no wait not that,... before Yahoo Groups, when it was One List, I belonged to a Vintage Volkswagen list. I restored and drove VW bugs, still have a 74 superbeetle in my garage. My first user name was Beetlenut, sort of after Beetle Juice in the movie, but more VW related. And now you know the rest of the story!

Trekchick

Bummer DrSkimeister. I hate to think that I miss out on something when I go to Stowe. Now I'll always wonder.

My first Mt bike was a Trek, and my first message board was for a Motorcycle Club where I was an officer.
I was too lazy to pick another when I registered on Epic.
SnowHot, which I use on other ski forums, was chosen by a couple of the guys who moderate with me on Epic.
Not much of a story, eh?

Hawkshot99

Back a long time ago I was on a ice hockey team, called the Dutchess Hawks. So we have the team name, and slap shot and my #99. I used this as my AOL instant messenger name. When I started using internet forums I just used my AIM name, and now I keep it going.....

wa-loaf

wa = Wachusett my base hill now.
loaf = Sugarloaf where I grew up skiing.

ERJ-145CA

It's my profession. I fly the EMB-145 - Embraer Regional Jet, also known as the ERJ-145. The CA is for captain.

o3jeff

When I picking my AOL instant messenger screen name years ago everything short was taken so I just threw a letter and a number before my name.

gorgonzola

After a delicious salad with some fresh crumpled cheese and quite a few glasses of red wine i was praising its attributes and the way the name flowed smoothly from my lips - say it... gor-gon ZO-LA! I thought wow this is the cheese with the steeze and would make a fine screen name being that blue mountain is my home mountain. Since the mountains a little cheesy anyway i used it when i signed up here. I'm mbike and mbike-ski on some other boards, bikevmb/cycle-cny/mtbr/pasr, which is my name with a nasal infection....

Warp Daddy

Warp--------------------- Bcuz i luv to ski fast
and Ya got to believe daddy is a freakin no brainer since i'm freakin older than Dirt and who is yo daddy ??