• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How'd you select your username?

powhunter

yea.. me and chuck norris went on a trip to nam to try to find the remaining pows...and well I guess the name just stuck with me

steve

mondeo

From the Ford Mondeo (sold in Europe,) which was the base platform for the Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique, and Mercury Cougar ('99-'02.) My first car was an '99 Cougar.

My other screename that I commonly use is marimvibe, or some variation thereof. Marim -> marimba, vibe ->vibes.

WoodCore

What I like in the inner construction of my skis.

I'm always grilling up steeze on my skeeze..grilled steeze sounds like grilled cheese and of course I added sandwich...I like being called GSS as well..I thought up the name when I was skiing,

cbcbd

After a delicious salad with some fresh crumpled cheese and quite a few glasses of red wine i was praising its attributes and the way the name flowed smoothly from my lips - say it... gor-gon ZO-LA! I thought wow this is the cheese with the steeze and would make a fine screen name being that blue mountain is my home mountain. Since the mountains a little cheesy anyway i used it when i signed up here. I'm mbike and mbike-ski on some other boards, bikevmb/cycle-cny/mtbr/pasr, which is my name with a nasal infection....
Poetic appreciation for a fine cheese, with a touch of home pride. I can dig it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I followed in Greg's footsteps, figured it makes it easier to remember me. Almost every other forum on the planet I'm usually "Parafly"

steamboat1

Nickname I got at work when people found out I'm also a licensed captain (some called me boat for short). The 1 is because the name was already taken on some sites.

And you probably thought it had something to do with that western ski resort.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Nickname I got at work when people found out I'm also a licensed captain (some called me boat for short). The 1 is because the name was already taken on some sites.

And you probably thought it had something to do with that western ski resort.

Yeah, I def thought it had to do with Steamboat