• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nastar!

wa-loaf

What are these "edges" that everyone is speaking of so fondly?

Ski_anatomy_side.jpg

4aprice

I run Nastar every weekend and enjoy it. Its fun to track yourself via the Nastar website. I would disagree with those who say its just a straight shot though. It all depends on who sets the course. Some weeks the courses are much tighter then others. This past weekend for example Camelback set a very tight course. It's 1 hour out of my afternoon then it's back to the bumps.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

campgottagopee

Nastar = fun!!!

Never been on a league or anything, but our crew always takes a few runs to see who's the fastest that day purley to run their flap!!!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've never seen anything like that before, Jens... the sides of my skis look like shark teeth. That's how I intimidate people.

wa-loaf

I've never seen anything like that before, Jens... the sides of my skis look like shark teeth. That's how I intimidate people.

I hear that's good in the icy back country.

No need for crampons! :lol:

Grassi21

well, that and you trash other's equipment.

tcharron

That's called a 'ENE' pattern..

"Edge..No Edge..Edge..No Edge..Edge.."

generally speaking there is also a 'CORE' thrown in there here and there. Kind like duck duck goose, but with metal and ptex. :-D

Grassi21

I didn't want you to make me look bad so I gave you a handi-cap. C'mon, it was the only reasonable course of action.

The salt in the wound was cutting me off several times that evening. :lol: