• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New England powder/glades skis

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Me "new" used boards for pow/woods

atua1.jpg

Fischer Atua

Glenn

Nice! Is that a pic of them? E-Bay score I assume based on pic.

powbmps

Not much of a powder ski I suppose, but these are mine. Don't look that wide until you put them next to a bump ski.

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Me "new" used boards for pow/woods

atua1.jpg

Fischer Atua
Did you snag those with demo bindings? Looks like it from the pic. That is how I got mine (a year later model though in the black color). The demo bindings helped because I was able to play around with the binding position until I dialed it in and then I got some Axial 120s for a permanent mount. The ski has amazingly different personalities in the "park" compared to "freeride" mounting points. I didn't like the bindings at all when they were mostly forward and I was glad to have a demo binding to play around with them.

I still can't believe the industry does not treat mounting position with more respect. This one size fits all boot center mark is freaking crazy and it was a nice change to see skis coming with plates indicating various boot center marks depending on how you planned to utilize the ski.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Did you snag those with demo bindings? Looks like it from the pic. That is how I got mine (a year later model though in the black color). The demo bindings helped because I was able to play around with the binding position until I dialed it in and then I got some Axial 120s for a permanent mount. The ski has amazingly different personalities in the "park" compared to "freeride" mounting points. I didn't like the bindings at all when they were mostly forward and I was glad to have a demo binding to play around with them.

I still can't believe the industry does not treat mounting position with more respect. This one size fits all boot center mark is freaking crazy and it was a nice change to see skis coming with plates indicating various boot center marks depending on how you planned to utilize the ski.
yepper. I aM looking forward to a "learning experience" like I've had with other demo purchases. Not all demos adjust toe and heel . I am hoping to learn the best centering for the skiing style I like. They try to simplify things to get people out the door. That's too bad. Been thinking about bindings for next season. Remainder of the budget is for lifts an burgers this year. Thanks again for the great advice!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Nice new 2008 Fisher Wateas192s FS for $385 +20 s/h. Bare boards, no bindings.

ebay #140349076699

Also new 2009 watea for 380 ebay # 300352446611

I might have bought them...

bigski6969

Dynastar huge trouble 09

I've been happily skiing some midfat Volkl 724 Pros @ 115-77-104 for the past few seasons when I get untracked pow or woods skiing.

I'm generally pleased with them, I don't submarine like I do with my GS skis. But I'm wondering if I can do better. I still seem to sit back more than I would like in order to float well.

For the east, I'm looking for suggestions on what the optimal width and flex should be for those pow days.

Ditto for the woods. For tight woods, it often seems that flex and length are the more critical factors. Would you agree?

Frame all of this by the fact that I'm a middle-aging all-terrain, explorer type of skier. Middle aging means I ain't as strong as I used to be or would like to be. So I don't want to muscle my way around any more, I want skill and form to rule.

Ideas?

I have a brand new pair of Dynastar Huge Troubles. Got them on a smoking deal, (bought 2 pair) the second pair is collecting dust. Never been mounted and still in the plastic if your interested. I'm looking for $400 for them. Same that I paid for them. PM me if your interested.