• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn

Rambo

Congratulations to Lindsey Vonn!

610x.jpg

Mapnut

Nice photo, Rambo. Quote: Two-time defending champion Anja Paerson said. "She is so perfect on the snow and very calm when she's skiing." If Lindsey looks like that when she's calm, she'd be a sight to see when she's fired up.

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
I was gonna watch this on Universal Sports TV tonight - now I know - o well, still gonna watch - hopefully Lindsey will inspire my daughter to ski fast in her J4-GS this weekend!

drjeff

Congratulations to Lindsey Vonn!

610x.jpg

Great Pic! Just look at the tail of Lindsey's uphill ski!!

The roll she's on these last few days is EXACTLY what she needs if she's going to stay ahead of Maria Reisch and go back2back with the overall! :flag: :flag:

Rambo

How long do you figure her Super G skis are? I would guess 212 cm.

610x.jpg

I know the skis that the winner is photographed with after the finish in either a Downhill or Super G race are not the actual race skis but a shorter pair of regular length production skis.

drjeff

I know the skis that the winner is photographed with after the finish in either a Downhill or Super G race are not the actual race skis but a shorter pair of regular length production skis.

Yup, the "podium picture skis" for any world cup racer are basically the perfect length and width to get the manufacturers name all over the press photos. Heck nowadays in almost every discipline, the podium skis aren't the same one's that they race on, and about the only non race pics where you see the real race skis in the pics are in one's taken immediately in the finish area before the service techs wisk them away and protect them and the hours of work they've put into getting the bases in perfect world cup conditions

SkiDork

The article talks about it being her "first Gold" but if you go to her website it says she also won the Slalom on Friday.

Rambo

The article talks about it being her "first Gold" but if you go to her website it says she also won the Slalom on Friday.

Lindsey Vonn is on a massive roll right now! This World Championship Super G victory is her 3rd World Cup win in 5 days! (She won a slalom and super G this past weekend). This Super G is the 1st event in the World Chanpionships, therefore her 1st Gold medal. (2 years ago she won 2 silver medals at the world championships).

drjeff

The article talks about it being her "first Gold of her world championships career" but if you go to her website it says she also won the Slalom on Friday.

That would make it less confusing and accurate. :flag: