• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Silly things people say about skiers and boarders

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So I'm at the doctor's this morning for my annual checkup. I started telling him about skiing downhill in the woods. NOT X-C. For a man with much to say, he was befuddled and speechless. It never occurred to him that people actually DO that.

So he asks me, "Don't you hit trees?

My retort, "Yes, if you don't turn!"

:cool:

Greg

Staff member
When there is no snow on the ground and people ask, "do they have snow up there?"

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just about every non-skier I've tried talking into learning to ski has the same excuse: "I can't. I'd probably ski into a tree." Yeah, I do that all the time. :roll:

skiing is life

"where do they put all the moguls in winter?"

in the lift line, some kid asks his mom this reffering to me... "mom why are his poles bent?" "ssssh honey, some people arent as fortunate as we are"

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
"Skiing is probably the stupidest, high-risk sport there is. Flailing down the hill to a certain injury makes it a sport to avoid."
- Our (FORMER) Pediatrician

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I hear a lot of dumb questions about touring.

"So, you're like, cross country skiing."

"No."

"So, like, downhill skiing."

"No, I told you, it's touring, you use 'randonee' bindings and climbing skins to go up a mountain and then ski down."

"Why don't you just use the lifts?"

*facepalm*

Geoff

Pertaining to early/late season skiing and you mention that you've skied..... 'There's skiing now??'

I've always gotten that all the time. I show up at the office in late-April or early-May with a deep tan and a big grin. I always get the "There's still snow?" Early usually draws less remarks since I don't come back with a tan at that time of year.

An elderly couple at the Allentown airport were looking at my double skibag like there was an alien in it..