• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Logging into this forum

Max

Here's my situation. Everytime I come to this forum I have to log in, even though I check the box for logging in automatically. I used to be able to log in and then save the page in my favorites and it would work all the time. Now, no matter what I do, I get the forum as though I haven't logged in.

Should I delete my history or AlpineZone cookies before trying again? I don't have a clue why this started to happen all of a sudden.

Terry

I have been having the same problem on my home computer for a while now, but the one at work automatically logs on each time so I assumed it was my home computer.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
no problems here. i could think of a few reasons this might happen, but if you used to be able to auto log in and now you can not and you haven't made any changes, that sounds very odd. cookies likely need to be enabled and the save password option on the browser should be enabled. perhaps a security setting is set too high with IE? sounds like none of those items would be an issue if it worked fine before. :?

Max

An update...I went into Windows...Cookies...and deleted the one for AlpineZone. It seems to have worked. I'll know the next time I re-boot, but at least when I close the browser and re-open it, I'm still logged in. That wasn't happening before.

Greg

Staff member
Yes. This is usually a cookie issue. Delete the cookies for the alpinezone.com as well as forums.alpinezone.com domains.

Max

Thanks Greg, that was it. I deleted the cookies and after rebooting and opening up the page today, I am still logged in. That was weird...I went for 2 years without it doing that! :D