• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black or Wildcat

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
This sunday, liftopia has wildcat for $39, black for $29, and also a listing for a Black 2fer for $39. Which is better on a non-pow day? Never skied either. I've seen TRs from Black which look incredible, but they're all powder days. Also, how does the $39 2fer on liftopia work? do I just buy it and then redeem for two tickets?

xwhaler

Hey There,
I'm considering the same options for this wknd actually.
I did the Liftopia 2fers at Black 3 weeks ago and initially they didnt know what they were and only gave me 1 ticket. I then explained to them that it was actually a Buy one Get One offered through Liftopia. She had to check with someone but eventually it worked out. They should be familiar with them by now as the day I used mine (Jan 19th) I think was the first time I had seen the 2fers on Liftopia.

I'm probably going to do Black just because $19.50 lift tickets are pretty nice on a weekend.
Black has some good runs from the top and will be fine even on a non-powder day....however they are rather short before it flattens out, esp on skiers left.

If you want sustained pitch, def head to Wildcat but the warm weather this wknd should make for soft snow at both places....prob Black especially with the Southern Exposure.

petergriffen

I was looking at the weather a bit, i think its going to be very windy sunday afternoon at wildcat, i really wanted to go but dont wanta deal with that bad

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
If weather is a factor, then Black should get the nod. Black won't scrape down as bad as Wildcat, either. Though it has been a while since Black got snow (10 days or so?) so I imagine their natural snow trails are hammered pretty hard. But then again, same with Wildcat. Black is cheaper and it sounds like you have never been... Wildcat has the best views in the east if the view is clear. Can't go wrong either way.

petergriffen

i am stuck between bretton woods vs wildcat each for the same price w coupons.....prob wilcat since havent been in a while

Skier75

Black would be my option. We're not going skiing this weekend due to other obligations, one not so fun, but the other is.

As far as bretton woods vs wildcat, I'd definately do Bretton Woods...love that place. But Wildcat is pretty fun to...hard choice. They'll all fun.