• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Most Popular Mountains

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
According to the number of thread titles posted on AlpineZone, these are the most popluar mountains in the Northeast:

1: Killington, 475 posts
2. Sundown, 345
3. Hunter, 297
4. Sugarbush, 296
5. Sunday River, 270
6. Stowe, 241
7. Mount Snow 221
8.Cannon, 193
9. Burke, 182
10. Sugarloaf, 175
11. Loon, 168
12. Magic, 147
13. Wildcat, 137
14. Whiteface, 134
15. Jay, 129
16. MRG/Mad River, 98

Mt Snow could potentially have more results but the "mt snow" search kept returning anything with "snow" in the thread title.

So apparently Sundown is the 2nd coolest place evar! :roll: :roll: :roll: :grin:

Last edited:

loafer89

Cool, Saddleback did not make the list. The place sucks anyway and everyone should stay away.

frozencorn

How Magic is at No. 12 is beyond me. It's like their PR firm in here at times.

Hell, how Sundown is as low as No. 2 is truly beyond me.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
how did you do the search?

I went to Seach > Advanced Search

Under "Search by Keyword" I typed in the the name of the mountain (e.g. Sugarbush).

From the drop down option I selected "Search Titles Only"

Hit "Search Now"

hmm but those numbers dont take into the account wether it was a good ot a bad post. feeling kinda bored hun?

I didn't want to break it down that way. Technically one can be "popular" for both good and bad reasons. Killington probably has as many "good" posts as it does "bad" posts. On the other hand, chastizing Sundown for being a tiny molehill in CT is not allowed on Alpinezonre, so all 345 threads are "good" :)
And stop calling me "hun", it creeps me out :p

Does that count trip reports?

I searched the entire forum. So yes, Trip Reports, Trips and Events postings, even Miscellaneous Discussions threads count.

P.S. I was motivated to do this search based on the absurd number of Sundown threads that have cropped up in this forum over the last couple of years. It gets a bit annoying when 10 of the 20 Trip Reports visible are all from Sundown. Can someone take and combine those into a weekly thread instead of a daily thread? That way reports from other resorts can stay on page one for more than 2 days.

Paul

P.S. I was motivated to do this search based on the absurd number of Sundown threads that have cropped up in this forum over the last couple of years. It gets a bit annoying when 10 of the 20 Trip Reports visible are all from Sundown. Can someone take and combine those into a weekly thread instead of a daily thread? That way reports from other resorts can stay on page one for more than 2 days.

33415_formatted_welldone30f.jpg

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I went to Seach > Advanced Search

Under "Search by Keyword" I typed in the the name of the mountain (e.g. Sugarbush).

From the drop down option I selected "Search Titles Only"

Hit "Search Now"

I didn't want to break it down that way. Technically one can be "popular" for both good and bad reasons. Killington probably has as many "good" posts as it does "bad" posts. On the other hand, chastizing Sundown for being a tiny molehill in CT is not allowed on Alpinezonre, so all 345 threads are "good" :)
And stop calling me "hun", it creeps me out :p

I searched the entire forum. So yes, Trip Reports, Trips and Events postings, even Miscellaneous Discussions threads count.

it was a misspelling for huh. baby

bvibert

Staff member
Can someone take and combine those into a weekly thread instead of a daily thread? That way reports from other resorts can stay on page one for more than 2 days.

Well, that would be annoying to read. If more people would post TRs from other mountains then the number of Sundown threads wouldn't seem so disproportionate.