2009 Goals - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009 Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nothing too specific. I just want to ride a lot. My only tangible goal is to ride 600 miles this season. Starting two months earlier than last year and probably being able to do longer rides in the same amount of time, I think it's doable. I did 305 miles last year. My first thought was 500 miles, but I think that would have been too easy of a goal.
    Kind of off to a slow start, but I think most of my rides this year are going to be 6+, even if I only have a short time window so maybe it's still doable. I seem to be riding faster already with less and shorter breaks.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Just to get out there more. I might take the all-terrain spinning class at the Y to get a head start on conditioning for the upcoming season.
    No Y membership anymore and I still haven't gotten out on the bike yet. Sigh. Soon, I hope.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

If it would freakin stop raining for 1 lousy day we might get out on the trails!

Quote Originally Posted by RENO View Post
    If it would freakin stop raining for 1 lousy day we might get out on the trails!
    The trails are so dry down here that the small bit of rain we've been getting has done nothing more than keep the dust down. Virtually no mud. Saturday seemed like a good day to ride and yesterday morning was cool, cloudy and dry. Perfect! Could be a lot worse.
    I ski double black diamonds.

My 2009 goal- ride a fair bit and not hurt myself.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The trails are so dry down here that the small bit of rain we've been getting has done nothing more than keep the dust down. Virtually no mud. Saturday seemed like a good day to ride and yesterday morning was cool, cloudy and dry. Perfect! Could be a lot worse.
    Down here in NJ it hasn't stopped raining except for a few hours Saturday since Friday morning and it poured yesterday and it's coming down pretty good right now too. The rest of the week looks like sh*t also except for Wednesday, but that could change too! I'm hoping for a summer drought!

Quote Originally Posted by RENO View Post
    Down here in NJ it hasn't stopped raining except for a few hours Saturday since Friday morning and it poured yesterday and it's coming down pretty good right now too. The rest of the week looks like sh*t also except for Wednesday, but that could change too! I'm hoping for a summer drought!
    Hey Reno, not sure where in NJ you are, but I rode Lewis Morris on Saturday, and the trails there were very dry, with only a few wet spots, which were mostly easy to get around. LM drians very quick.

I'll be back there either Wed or Thurs after work. Not sure exactly when though.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    My goals are to ride more often, launch more stuff, and pull off a wheelie drop without landing on my back.
    So far I'm 0 for 3... Well I guess I've ridden more this Spring than last, but it seems like it's off to a slow start. I haven't 'launched' anything, nor have I even attempted a wheelie drop...

The season is still young though. I have plenty of time to work on it. I also want to build up my endurance so I can ride longer at a more consistent speed with fewer breaks.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    Hey Reno, not sure where in NJ you are, but I rode Lewis Morris on Saturday, and the trails there were very dry, with only a few wet spots, which were mostly easy to get around. LM drians very quick.

I'll be back there either Wed or Thurs after work. Not sure exactly when though.
    Never been to Lewis Morris. I live in Hamilton just outside of Trenton so I'm probably a little over an hour from there? I'll have to check that out sometime. How are the trails there?

Thread Information