• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GO PATS - !!!!!

ChileMass

Pats kick off their Super Bowl defense tonight vs the evil Raiders. Woo - hoo!! 3 in a row, baby!! There's no other team in the NFL that is even close.

Even though Oakland has upgraded its pathetic 2004 offense with with Randy Moss and that stud running back (can't remember name), the Pats spank the Silver 'n Black, 28-17.

Season Prediction - Pats go 12-4 or 13-3 if they can beat the Jets both times. They lose on the road to Pittsburgh and Denver, but after the bye in week 7, they run the table thru the end of the regular season. Then, they beat Carolina (or maybe Atlanta) in the Super Bowl.

Boston - city of champeens - !!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
ChileMass said:
Pats kick off their Super Bowl defense tonight vs the evil Raiders. Woo - hoo!! 3 in a row, baby!! There's no other team in the NFL that is even close.
They were by far the best team in the NFL at the end of last season. This season is a different story. Lots of teams have made huge gains and the pats have lost a few very good players and coaches. 3 in a row will be a huge task.

ChileMass

Brettski said:
ChileMass said:
Boston - city of champeens - !!

I thought that was spelled chimpanzees

:D

Enjoy sports heaven while it lasts.

Oh, and thanks for Ty Law.

I love it - !! The J-E-T-S - JETS/JETS/JETS are in for a very long season. Get used to seeing Herm's scowling mug in the 4th quarter, Brettski. And you can have Ty Law. Not only is he washed up, he's a clubhouse cancer, too.

This is the reverse of the Yankees sending crap to the Sox for decades in return for their best players. Ask the Bills how Lawyer Malloy worked out. In Bill We Trust.

ChileMass

6 minutes to kick off and I can't watch all the pre-game concert crap. It's so over the top it's ridiculous. I mean, Ozzy just showed up out of nowhere. Just play the freakin' game, fer Chrissakes...... :evil:

bvibert

Staff member
I couldn't stay awake, shut it off in the 3rd quarter. I see they won though! :D :beer:

Vortex

I made it to 2 min left. I saw the run for a 1st down and down I went about 12.30... in Bost for work at 6.15. I look and feel fabulous. Could not make the game had to do Football practice with my son. Kids seem to be taking up alot of my time. Wonder Why? Jets just don't go there.... there is where my hidden anger lies.

highpeaksdrifter

I was too tired and had to go to bed at half time. Saw the highlights on ESPN. Pat's looked real good. There seems to be alot of buzz around about the Jets this year and I wouldn't mind seeing them do well, but I just don't see them being a threat to NE in that division.

skibum1321

I don't think the Pats looked that great, but it's a start. As Brady said, we wouldn't want to peak in the first week anyway.

As for the Raiders, no defense = long year.

Less than a month until the hockey season....

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
highpeaksdrifter said:
I was too tired and had to go to bed at half time. Saw the highlights on ESPN. Pat's looked real good. There seems to be alot of buzz around about the Jets this year and I wouldn't mind seeing them do well, but I just don't see them being a threat to NE in that division.

Yeah the buzz you hear are houseflies, like when you see them flying around horse manure...

That was embarrassing

JimG.

Staff member
Brettski said:
Yeah the buzz you hear are houseflies, like when you see them flying around horse manure...

That was embarrassing

Wow! The Jets really did stink out the stadium yesterday. But, they probably aren't as bad as they looked, just like I'm sure the Giants aren't as good as they looked destroying the Cardinals.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
JimG. said:
just like I'm sure the Giants aren't as good as they looked destroying the Cardinals.

I don't know...I watch both games...The Jets will get better if Coles could hang on to the ball...Pennington for that matter as well...

But the could not run the ball, and that's a big problem

The Giants on the other hand started off slow, but man what an array of weapons...this kid Jacobs is awsome...returns kick offs for 35 yeards, 3rd and 1 he rumbles for 17, blocking on returns he takes out like three guys on the run back for a TD by ponder...

And Eli looked sharp...it's gonna be interesting

And not to mention Strahan had 1.5 sacks...and hurried the pass all day...

And can you believe that the Redskins won?

ChileMass

Brettski said:

That was embarrassing

You heard it here first......Jets record this year is 8-8.....