New Member Introductions Thread - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 162 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Re: Late Bloomer

Quote Originally Posted by YardSaleDad
    Hello all,
    I have been lurking here for a week, and have found these forums to be very informative, and the members to be polite and helpful. I thought I would start out with a background post.

I am a 43yo father of two boys(11 & 14)who have been skiing for 6 years with their Mom. This past season she was kept off the slopes for health reasons, and I was drafted as the replacement Ski Parent. Did I mention I have never skied in my life? I started out on MLK day at Butternut. I spent Superbowl Weekend at Stratton, half a dozen Feb/March days at Belleayre and finished the season at Hunter.

I hike in the Hudson Highlands a few times a week, all year round, and this spring I took up Hang Gliding. Now the boys and I are chomping at the bit to get back out on the slopes. Belleayre will be my regular mountain, since the kids season pass is too good to pass up, and it works for all our skill levels. I just hope to be able to keep up with them this season.

Careful there DAD. The most dangerous saying in skiing is "Come on Dad, Follow me."
    SHUT UP AND SKI

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the advice and offers. I'll keep them in mind once the white stuff stays stuck

Greetings everyone.

I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day. I'm glad he told me because it seems there is a nice vibe in here.

So my into goes something like this...
    I'm 28 now and have been skiing as long as I can remember. I made the switch to tele about 4 years ago now. I grew up in Southern NH and now live in the Albany NY area. My skiing has taken me to many resorts in the northeast and I try to make a trip west once a year. This year I have the all 4 1 pass and another pass for Copper when I go out there in Feb. Favorite resorts include Jay, the Bush, MRG, Hickory, Wildcat, & the River.

Off seasons, I spend running, hiking, mountain biking and thinking of winter.

Looking forward to this site and all it has to offer. Are there ever AZ outings or get togethers? I bet they would be a blast.
    I ski.

Welcome Boseflus. I wonder who it was you met? I think AWF was there. I've tried promoting this site to nice people i've met on lifts but haven't seen anyone yet. (Maybe it's me ) Anyway we have a great group of people here , a really cool vibe. Feel free to jump right in I haven't seen a flame in a very long time.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by Bosefius
    I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day.
    That's really cool. Glad to hear others are recommending the site while riding ths lift. I always try to mention AZ to folks on the lift and suggest checking out the forums. I'm waiting for the day that someone says, "oh yeah, I already post there. My handle is....."
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I was told about this forum from a guy I was riding the lift with at Wildcat on opening day.
    That's really cool. Glad to hear others are recommending the site while riding ths lift. I always try to mention AZ to folks on the lift and suggest checking out the forums. I'm waiting for the day that someone says, "oh yeah, I already post there. My handle is....."
    I've been toying with the idea of printing the url on a slip of paper and keeping a few in my ski jacket to hand them out to some of the nice people I meet on a lift.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC
    I've been toying with the idea of printing the url on a slip of paper and keeping a few in my ski jacket to hand them out to some of the nice people I meet on a lift.
    Just buy the sticker .
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING
    Just buy the sticker .
    Yeah but you can't give the sticker away! BTW do we have a small sticker for helmets yet?
    ~Rich~

Re: Thanks for the Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by YardSaleDad
    Thanks for the advice and offers. I'll keep them in mind once the white stuff stays stuck
    Great Handle! Is cold spring the same as cold spring harbor on the Island?
    ~Rich~

Welcome Boseflus. I wonder who it was you met? I think AWF was there. I've tried promoting this site to nice people i've met on lifts but haven't seen anyone yet. (Maybe it's me ) Anyway we have a great group of people here , a really cool vibe. Feel free to jump right in I haven't seen a flame in a very long time.
    nope I wasnt there, it was probably ga2ski

Thread Information